• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-7VAX & Atholon XP 2000+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dubz

k this is my system

GigaByte -7VAX rev1.1
Atholon XP 2000+
512 Samsung DDR 3200
ThermalTake Volcano 9
GeForce4 Ti4200

my question is it seems that my system runs hot...here are my voltages and temps

VcoreA +1.78
+3.3V 2.96
+5V 4.7
+12V 12.48
+5Vsb 4.86

System Temp 41c
CPU A 49-50c

and this is idleing basically only been browsing the forum...

I have the Volcano 9 w/copper and thermal paste and my fsb is 133mhz.

I also have 2 case fans one blowing from the front to read in front of my hds and 1 venting out the back both 80mm antec fans

oops

also I just added the Volcano 9 a week or two ago and at first the cpu would stay around 40-46c and now it seems to not stay as cool?

if u dont have problem with restarts freezes ,dont worry try another psu to check the temps at 3.3 you have low voltage

I went out and bought a new case that has better cooling a Antec SOHO Server Tower PlusView 1000-AMG and now I am hanging around 40-42c under a load ;)

Dubz, I suggest getting a different coolor than the volcano9. I had one and I hated it... first, it's WAY too annoying to try to get it onto the mobo... I chipped a proc with it once... luckily, I was able to convince Fry's that they sold it to me like that and got another one at no charge :D. But I've heard some bad stuff abut the V9's. Like they sometimes don't spin up fast enough and the proc burns out even before the fans get's a chance to start... that's a bit extreme, but I've heard of it. Also, the SOUND! Jeez! How can you stand it? I thought I'd just deal with it, but it started REALLY getting to me... I now have a Zalman quiet cooler with an LED fan on it pumping out around 45CFM at a kick a** 30db or so, as in my sig, rather than a whopping 50+ dB from the V9.. It's super quiet.

Also, it keeps it just as cool as the V9 did... I will never buy ThermalTake equipment again... I know they're supposed to be the bst, but they sacrifice quiet pc's for the same cooling you'd get anyway...

yeah I've heard a lot of bad things about thermaltake since I've bought the fan other than it being loud its no too bad I took the TT cover off it and its a lil bit quieter now...I just purchased this Antec PlusView 1000 Server tower and it had 2 case fans on the rear one on the side and one in the front so now I got better airflow and my processor runs about 4-6deg cooler...

Yup, a good case is worth every penny. My cpu hangs around 30 degrees celcius idle and 38 under full load. No doubt the 180 dollars I spent on a CoolerMaster case are paying off in a big way.
The Vantec Aeroflow is easily the best HS/Fan combo I've ever used....and my lord is she quiet.

Back