• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-EP45-UD3LR - Voltage Mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
VDroop is a different mod I believe, can you post a high res and detailed picture of the controller chip and the surrounding board? I'll try to locate the vdroop bits for you.

On the cheap vs expensive boards, a more expensive board would have more CPU power phases and better MOSFETs, making the larger electrical loads associated with high vcore and high overclocks less likely to cause issues.

I will try to take a detailed picture tomorrow. Hope I can, since this is my main PC and I cannot take the mobo out just for that.
Anyway, I am doing this mod to lower Vdroop so I can OC my Q9550 even higher. Currently it's at 3,7 running stable. Just asking if it's worth to do this mod? Can I push it higher than 3.7 and keeping it stable ?

What was this mod in this topic about, if it's not for vdroop?

Vdroop is one of the mods in the first post, most of the thread is about vcore though.

You can overclock your quad core even on your cheap, four power phase even to 4 GHz, but of course you have to waching temperatures. It cant be higher than 60*C @stress. If temps are higher than 60 i prefer to change cooling or(and) thermal grease. Vmod is not nessesary, vdroop can help you, but gigabyte mobos have option "load line calibration" - that is vdroop control.

If you will post here ISL controller picture (! macro on, good quality, no blur, good lighting, eg two light sources :) ), you can also place here photo of back side of your mobo, but back side of your socket 775 and ~3-4 cm around. If i had this photo, i could show you good measure point(s). I can't find good photo on internet, so everything depends on yours photo. :)

Last edited:
Back