• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 and new UEFI BIOS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dirtbikr

TL;DR at bottom

I "upgraded" to the new UEFI BIOS out for this board yesterday and did not have any of my OC values written down. This is probably okay since the new BIOS does not have any LLC settings at all, which I miss, but something strange is happening.

My old OC ran stable for six months. My set up is: 2500k OC'd to 4.5Ghz, 16GB Corsair Ram, the Gigabyte Motherboard, 650W Corsair PS. When I installed the new BIOS, I obviously lost all my old settings, so I was playing around with it for a few hours. Unless I set the vcore to about 1.4, I would instantly get a BSOD upon starting P95. The load voltage would be around 1.31, and idle would be about 1.40.

So I loaded optimized defaults again, and this time set the vcore to "normal" and the dynamic voltage to +0.000v. Set my multiplier to x45, saved, and booted (leaving all the other C states and power saving features on). It booted fine, idled at about 0.9v according to CPU-Z, so I moved on to the P95 test. Started the 4 workers, CPU clocked up to 4.5xxGHz, voltage went to 1.308v under full load, and would sometimes drop to 1.296v. Blended for an hour successfully, max temp of about 74c (my computer is in a semi enclosed space with a water loop, this was what I was seeing before as well). I played with the dynamic voltage a little, and dropping it even 0.005v resulted in a BSOD during P95 after about 2 minutes.

TL;DR: Is it possible that I have my "perfect" overclock after literally just changing the multiplier and the voltage setting to "normal" under vcore with no dynamic voltage added or subtracted? Should I continue with a longer P95 blend to verify?

Thanks for the input guys!

the same problem ,if you wanna talk with me ,we are can to fix and to OC

my skype is :mishka_d.x.d

Back