• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Games cause computer to crash (Windows 64-bit)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So you as soon as you put in the timing the problem appeared again? Or did it still do it after then 4 hour prime95 test.

Both. The problems didn't happen during the test. Both memtest and prime95 went fine. After the test was done with no errors, I tried loading up furmark to see if my screen went to black. It did and I had to reboot again.

Do you have any other suggestions? I feel like this is becoming more than an OS problem and I don't want to get modded for offtopic posting.

I don't think it would be the OS causing this, but if you think it is then do a fresh install of windows. Clear your cmos(Look at your mobo manual how to do it) before you install the OS. Did you disable CnQ and C1E?

Also go to your control panel> System security> Power options and select High performance.

I did disable both CnQ and C1E. I just now enabled high performance. Let's see if that works.

Okay now this is weird. I set my power to high performance. Then I loaded up furmark. Instead of a black screen I get a screen that looks like cardboard (light/dark brown stripes). Had to restart. Then I loaded up Crysis to see what would happen. A small black window popped up, then these flickering blue and yellow pixels were on my screen for a while, then my screen turned gray. I had to restart again.

So no black screen, but still the system locks up.

Another odd problem. I try to use the system rating in windows and I get a black screen with white stripes.

I say RMA the video card. Btw do you have another video card that you can use and see if your problem still exist?

Yeah I have an Nvidia 9800GT. Thanks for all your help Baker. Sorry we couldn't get this problem solved. I'll post again if the old video card works.

Old video card works fine. Opens both games and furmark just fine. Definitely the video card, then. Sending the old one out tomorrow.

Back