• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Games don't perform as well as like and gpu and cpu never hit 100%

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

givmedew

I have been playing Skyrim, Batman AC, Metro 2033, and Stalker CoP.

I am not hitting the vsync limiter in any of these games and niether my CPU nor my GPU are hitting 100%

I am wondering if someone can take a look at this and either explain to me why or let me know what my bottleneck is.

I understand that typically only 1 of the 2 would be maxed out but niether is troubling me. Also the card rarely goes over 1GB of memory usage. Even with some huge texture add on for skyrim I have never seen more than 1.5GB

Also I have noticed that although my computer and most things see my GPU as a 6950. Skyrim says 5800 series and Furmark shows 5800 in one part and 6950 in another part. This is my gpuz http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/44p8v/

My cpuid in case it maters\

My setup is as follows
MSI twin frozr II 2GB not overclocked model but I modified the stock bios to unlock the shaders and then overclocked it I did not load a different cards bios.
AMD PhenomII x4 9550 overclocked about 10%
Win7 installed on a newer velociraptor
2 500gb HDs in striping
2 1TB HDs in mirror
Games and Windows swap file installed on a SSD
Soundblaster Platinum PCI no ram version
4GB of 333mhz ram running at 375mhz
Biostar A770E motherboard

I dont know what if any worth the windows experience scores are but they are as follows

Also when I upgraded from my 5850 to my 6950 card I did uninstall the drivers then boot in safe mode and run that application that deletes all the old drivers.

Last edited:
Back