• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Games randomly minimizing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

irrykuxeh

All of my games have started randomly minimizing themselves about every 30 seconds to one minute for no apparent reason. The games don't crash, and I can still open them back up immediately completing the cycle. I've done a bit of research, and I think it may have to do with another process interfering with it. I have no idea how to identify this process though, and in the task manager all of my processes look pretty normal. Maybe I'm missing something? Can anyone help?

Attachments

• processes.JPG
    processes.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 1,274
Download Process Monitor...

Process Monitor v3.01
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645

With Process Monitor open, run one of the games that keeps minimizing until it minimizes again. After it minimizes check the time in the tray, then stop monitoring / logging the processes. Then look at the running processes from immediately after your game minimized. Using this method you should be able to pinpoint which program is causing your games to lose focus.

Check all the running processes Priority mode by right clicking the process. Make sure everything is set to "normal". Its possible you have something set to realtime.

I actually got GameBooster to try and fix the problem. Turns out it was TWCU, a TP-Link Utility that came with my new wireless NIC. I uninstalled the software and the problem is fixed. All better.

Back