• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Games running slow

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Omarbibz

Registered
Hello everyone,

I want to know why do my games run slow. Some games drop to nearly 5 fps and I have to reduce all graphics to 0. It's a shame since I spent lots of money on upgrading my PC. I have an ATI RADEON HD 5700 which I think is descent. 4 GB RAMs and a lot of storage space. I have an extra 1 terabyte hardrive installed so there's no arguing with that. What's wrong what am I missing? Do I have to buy something else?

My DXDIAG: http://www.mediafire.com/?rdxxt9o0b98bagb

Hello everyone,

I want to know why do my games run slow. Some games drop to nearly 5 fps and I have to reduce all graphics to 0. It's a shame since I spent lots of money on upgrading my PC. I have an ATI RADEON HD 5700 which I think is descent. 4 GB RAMs and a lot of storage space. I have an extra 1 terabyte hardrive installed so there's no arguing with that. What's wrong what am I missing? Do I have to buy something else?

My DXDIAG: http://www.mediafire.com/?rdxxt9o0b98bagb

List the rest of your system.:popcorn:

5700 what? What's the other 2 numbers on the end? ANd as wingman said.. rest of the system specs? What CPU, motherboard, ram, power supply, monitors and resolutions.

5700 what? What's the other 2 numbers on the end? ANd as wingman said.. rest of the system specs? What CPU, motherboard, ram, power supply, monitors and resolutions.

How do I list the rest of my system? :-/

If you download CPU-Z you can run it and tell us anything we need to know:

CPU speed and model #
Motherboard model #
GPU model #

Also important to know are what resolution you play games at and what games you are trying to play that run slow.

EDIT: Nvm I used CPU-Z and this is what I got

CPU Arch : 1 CPU - 4 Cores - 4 Threads
CPU PSN : Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
CPU EXT : MMX, SSE (1, 2, 3, 3S), EM64T, VT-x
CPUID : 6.F.B / Extended : 6.F
CPU Cache : L1 : 4 x 32 / 4 x 32 KB - L2 : 2 x 4096 KB
Core : Kentsfield (65 nm) / Stepping : G0
Freq : 2399.9 MHz (266.66 * 9)
MB Brand : XFX
MB Model : MG-630I-7109
NB : NVIDIA GeForce 7100 rev A2
SB : NVIDIA nForce 630i rev A2
GPU Type : Radeon HD 5770
GPU Clocks : Core 899 MHz / RAM 1225 MHz
DirectX Version : 11.0
RAM : 4096 MB DDR2 Single Channel
RAM Speed : 400 MHz (2:3) @ 6-5-5-17
Slot 1 : 2048MB (6400)
Slot 1 Manufacturer : Kingston
Slot 2 : 2048MB (6400)
Slot 2 Manufacturer : Kingston

EDIT: I also have been experiencing numerous BSOD errors a lot! I mean right now 3 just happened to me typing this.. :/ whats wrong I don't know.. it says video scheduler has encountered a fatal error

Error Message:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 119
BCP1: 0000000000000001
BCP2: 000000000000FA00
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\061911-18392-01.dmp
C:\Users\OmarBiBz\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-37783-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...8&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

RAM 1225 MHz

There's your problem. You're running 800Mhz RAM at impossibly high speeds with impossibly tight spd settings.

What the :censored::censored: are you talking about?

1225mhz is what the vram on his 5770 is running at, which is 1200 by default. If he has an OC'd model that would be completely normal. His ram is running right at 800mhz (266 multi on 2:3) at 6-5-5-17 which is normal for DDR2, even slower than most. I remember most of my DDR2 being CAS5.

How do I fix that?

What he said is completely incorrect, there is nothing to fix there.

What the :censored::censored: are you talking about?

1225mhz is what the vram on his 5770 is running at, which is 1200 by default. If he has an OC'd model that would be completely normal. His ram is running right at 800mhz (266 multi on 2:3) at 6-5-5-17 which is normal for DDR2, even slower than most. I remember most of my DDR2 being CAS5.

What he said is completely incorrect, there is nothing to fix there.

So it is. I misread. I see that he's running DRAM in spec now. :facepalm:

Well is there anything out of the ordinary that might be causing these issues?

Well is there anything out of the ordinary that might be causing these issues?

Nothing really. What games are you trying to play? While the 5770 isn't a very demanding card, it wouldn't hurt to ask if you know what PSU you have.

I'd recommend trying to run MemTest (instructions here). See if that turns up any errors. If that comes back OK, as painful as it is, I'd go back to onboard video for a day, see if that offer's any difference.

You're setup looks fine. The hardest part of troubleshooting a computer problem is narrowing down what is causing the issue.

Nothing really. What games are you trying to play? While the 5770 isn't a very demanding card, it wouldn't hurt to ask if you know what PSU you have.

I'd recommend trying to run MemTest (instructions here). See if that turns up any errors. If that comes back OK, as painful as it is, I'd go back to onboard video for a day, see if that offer's any difference.

You're setup looks fine. The hardest part of troubleshooting a computer problem is narrowing down what is causing the issue.

Well I can handle the games problem. I'll just lower settings but how about the BSOD issue? It's driving me insane! Everyday 3 or 4 times my computer must BSOD...

Sorry for the double post but.. why is it every time I bring up a BSOD topic everyone just doesn't reply.. its very strange.. is it a curse?

Sorry for the double post but.. why is it every time I bring up a BSOD topic everyone just doesn't reply.. its very strange.. is it a curse?

Follow the instructions in my previous post. Memtest will test your ram. Taking out the video card will test the video card. I'll ask about your PSU again, do you know what kind it is? Any info on it?

There isn't one thing which can cause a blue screen, so like I said in my previous post, it's a process of elimination.

Follow the instructions in my previous post. Memtest will test your ram. Taking out the video card will test the video card. I'll ask about your PSU again, do you know what kind it is? Any info on it?

There isn't one thing which can cause a blue screen, so like I said in my previous post, it's a process of elimination.

Well if there was a program that could gather that kind of information (PSU) I would happily gather the information and post it here. Know any info?

However I think this will help you a bit. I used to be running a 32 bit computer with 3 GB RAMs and no BSOD occurred. Then I installed 64 bit and 1 BSOD occurred or very few. Then I installed an extra GB so now I have 4 GB RAMS and BSOD's started occurring.

EDIT: I found my PSU box: Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 500W and there are other loads of specs written.

Model: RS-500-PCAR-A3
Type: Intel Form Factor AX12V V2.3
PFC: Non PFC
Input Voltage: 90~132/180~264V(Selectable)
Input Current: 10A@115Vac/6A@230Vac

However, I don't think its a PSU problem since the error says "The video scheduler has encountered an unexpected fatal error"

What software are you running in the background? Video scheduler?

Is it a DELL? Or home built? Many pre bought PC's have a LOT of bloatware installed that can use up a lot of the PC's CPU cycles.

Another thought, have you updated your GPU drivers with the latest ones?

Lastly, remove the ATI card and try it with the onboard graphics like mentioned.

Sorry, but it could be a bazillion things, we have to work through it.
http://guru3d.com/article/radeon-hd-5770-review-test/11

Might of found it. Your PSU is a cheapo. You have two 12VDC rails, each able to supply 18 amps. Your GPU needs more power than the PSU can supply...........

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/arti...e-Power-Plus-500-W-Power-Supply-Review/728/10
"We can’t recommend this power supply, however if you are really on a budget this may be an option until you have money to buy a decent power supply for your PC."

Last edited:
What software are you running in the background? Video scheduler?

Is it a DELL? Or home built? Many pre bought PC's have a LOT of bloatware installed that can use up a lot of the PC's CPU cycles.

Another thought, have you updated your GPU drivers with the latest ones?

Lastly, remove the ATI card and try it with the onboard graphics like mentioned.

Sorry, but it could be a bazillion things, we have to work through it.
http://guru3d.com/article/radeon-hd-5770-review-test/11

Might of found it. Your PSU is a cheapo. You have two 12VDC rails, each able to supply 18 amps. Your GPU needs more power than the PSU can supply...........

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/arti...e-Power-Plus-500-W-Power-Supply-Review/728/10
"We can’t recommend this power supply, however if you are really on a budget this may be an option until you have money to buy a decent power supply for your PC."

Mmhmm so its a PSU problem.. am I correct?

EDIT: And yes my graphics card drivers are 100% up to date. and my computer is Acer a very old one but I practically removed every single thing and installed new things. Even the motherboard, processor, fan, and everything..

Your case is an old case. Okay. Ohh what about heat issues? What happens when you leave the side off the case? Ever look at temps using coretemp? I'm sure that case is way weak on cooling, how many fans is on it etc? That GPU adds a LOT of heat.

Could be a PSU problem. Your PSU is not capable of running that video card for one. It's ripple tests etc are really bad. You do need a better PSU when you can.

Look in the PSU sub forum for a good one, there is a post right at the top that you might want to read.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=680739

Your case is an old case. Okay. Ohh what about heat issues? What happens when you leave the side off the case? Ever look at temps using coretemp? I'm sure that case is way weak on cooling, how many fans is on it etc? That GPU adds a LOT of heat.

Could be a PSU problem. Your PSU is not capable of running that video card for one. It's ripple tests etc are really bad. You do need a better PSU when you can.

Look in the PSU sub forum for a good one, there is a post right at the top that you might want to read.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=680739

Actually I never had a problem with temperatures

Here is a screenshot of my temp on Coretemp: http://oi54.tinypic.com/1pgyrn.jpg

Back