• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Games running slow

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yep, temps are fine. Well take the GPU out, if it doesn't crash, then I'll point to the new GPU or the PSU. You have a friend that will let you try the card in their PC? Or try a borrowed better PSU?

You need a min of 35-40 amps in the 12 vdc rail.

About all I can help with now. let us know.

Yep, temps are fine. Well take the GPU out, if it doesn't crash, then I'll point to the new GPU or the PSU. You have a friend that will let you try the card in their PC? Or try a borrowed better PSU?

You need a min of 35-40 amps in the 12 vdc rail.

About all I can help with now. let us know.

Alright thanks I'll try to find a friend. If not, I'll purchase a better PSU.

Alright thanks I'll try to find a friend. If not, I'll purchase a better PSU.

Unless the unit is faulty, I very highly doubt the PSU can't push a 5770. 5770 is a low power card and I would have no qualms about running one on a normal rig with a decent 350w unit

Unless the unit is faulty, I very highly doubt the PSU can't push a 5770. 5770 is a low power card and I would have no qualms about running one on a normal rig with a decent 350w unit

Hmm because I used to have temperature issues a long time ago with my previous built in PSU then I bought this one and it fixed the problems. When I installed 64 bit the problems came back again.

Hmm because I used to have temperature issues a long time ago with my previous built in PSU then I bought this one and it fixed the problems. When I installed 64 bit the problems came back again.

Did you get a chance to try Memtest? Sometimes it is slightly harder for 100% stability when using a 64 bit vs. 32 bit OS. I'm talking an hairline edge of stability, so if Memtest doesn't pass successfully we can easily fix you up with some voltage or looser RAM timings.

Did you get a chance to try Memtest? Sometimes it is slightly harder for 100% stability when using a 64 bit vs. 32 bit OS. I'm talking an hairline edge of stability, so if Memtest doesn't pass successfully we can easily fix you up with some voltage or looser RAM timings.

Yeah, I am going to try Memtest. I just need to purchase a CD or something to burn it on..

listen to the gurus yo! temps are a valid concern all the time when we are talking about what your power supply is rated at being too low for your system already, considering that data is gathered when a power supply is running at usual temps... a hot PSU is a weaker PSU and it would seem as though it is already underrated for your system...

memtest can run off a bootable USB stick JS...

listen to the gurus yo! temps are a valid concern all the time when we are talking about what your power supply is rated at being too low for your system already, considering that data is gathered when a power supply is running at usual temps... a hot PSU is a weaker PSU and it would seem as though it is already underrated for your system...

memtest can run off a bootable USB stick JS...

How do I do that? Is there a tut or something. or can you explain? Thanks

The Memtest86+ USB Installer was created by Lance per the request of Samuel Demeulemeester, the author of memtest86+.

Download, extract and run Memtest86+ USB Installer. Then run and follow the onscreen instructions for setup.

http://www.memtest.org/download/4.20/memtest86+-4.20.usb.installer.zip

Reboot your computer and set your system BIOS to boot from USB-ZIP or USB-HDD. Or, set the hard disk boot priority to boot from the USB stick if your BIOS lists the device as a hard drive.

Save your BIOS settings (F11 usually :)) and reboot

On reboot it should pow pow and test your mem..

OK I managed to run Memtest and I finished it.. 100 % successfully with no errors whatsoever.. so whats the problem now?

Please can someone reply. I just experienced 3 BSODs in one startup..

Back