• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gaming in the lounge

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SMOKEU

I've got the gaming rig in my signature in my bedroom, and I want to keep it there. I've got a 55" 4K Dahua monitor in the lounge which I'd like to connect up to my computer. I do have an nVidia Shield Android TV (1st gen) but that only seems to want to stream at 1080p via Gamestream, so what I want to do is connect a long HDMI cable from my computer to the lounge monitor, and a long USB cable to which I will attach a USB hub with my Xbox 360 wireless controller dongle so I can sit on the couch and play racing sims.

A 15m (60 foot) HDMI cable will be long enough, and a 10m (33 foot) USB cable will be long enough. The USB cable can be shorter than the HDMI cable as I will be using the wireless controller. Will this method have any noticeable input lag? Do I need an active HDMI cable or an active USB cable, or will passive ones be OK at that distance? The TLDR version:

• Need 15m HDMI cable for 4K 60Hz
  • Need 10m USB extension cable
  • Don't want noticeable lag as its for gaming

Back