• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gaming rig parts?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Like I said, that is the C version of the DS3R, which has DDR3 slots but is basically crippled because of it. If you have your heart set on DDR3 then get an X38 board, but your going to be paying through the roof for the board and memory, for basically nothing.

Also DDR2 800 memory with 4-4-4 timings is basicaly the same as DDR2 1066 memory with 5-5-5 timings or higher, they can both run 1000mhz or higher with 5-5-5 timings.

Different model# = Different board. Notice the "C" everyone is pointing out.

Like I said, that is the C version of the DS3R, which has DDR3 slots but is basically crippled because of it. If you have your heart set on DDR3 then get an X38 board, but your going to be paying through the roof for the board and memory, for basically nothing.

Also DDR2 800 memory with 4-4-4 timings is basicaly the same as DDR2 1066 memory with 5-5-5 timings or higher, they can both run 1000mhz or higher with 5-5-5 timings.

ya i am so stupid..sorry!:bang head

whole different in board just with one letter of C..wow how stupid

didn't c that sorry..Alright

I still think you should go w/ the IP35-Pro. It's nice to have some more BIOS options when OCing the e8400's. They like GTL Ref from what I've read.

I still think you should go w/ the IP35-Pro. It's nice to have some more BIOS options when OCing the e8400's. They like GTL Ref from what I've read.

um..too late lol the gigabyte was cheaper so went with that,

list as follow
1. 8400 newegg COMING FROM CA
2.evga 8800gts 512 mb...........NJ
3.ocz sli -edition 1066 2gb.......NJ
4.gigabyet p35-ds3l..non dd3 one, my bad for not seeing the c letter......NJ
5.western digital wd6400aaks 640gb.......NJ
6.corsair 620hx........NJ
7.samsuing 2253 black 22".......NJ
8.case nzxt elite black atx mid-tower.....TN

Order Total $1,326.74

but 2 questions
1. does crysis come with that card? i didn't see it in the pictures at newegg..
2. what if i dont like the board and decide to get the IP35-Pro, incase it doesn't work out for me..do newegg offer replace? or return?

But Thank YOU GUYS FOR REPLYING AND HELPING ME OUT! THANK YOU

um..too late lol the gigabyte was cheaper so went with that,

list as follow
1. 8400 newegg COMING FROM CA
2.evga 8800gts 512 mb...........NJ
3.ocz sli -edition 1066 2gb.......NJ
4.gigabyet p35-ds3l..non dd3 one, my bad for not seeing the c letter......NJ
5.western digital wd6400aaks 640gb.......NJ
6.corsair 620hx........NJ
7.samsuing 2253 black 22".......NJ
8.case nzxt elite black atx mid-tower.....TN

Order Total $1,326.74

but 2 questions
1. does crysis come with that card? i didn't see it in the pictures at newegg..
2. what if i dont like the board and decide to get the IP35-Pro, incase it doesn't work out for me..do newegg offer replace? or return?

But Thank YOU GUYS FOR REPLYING AND HELPING ME OUT! THANK YOU

I just bought my system(sig) from newegg. Had major problems with the 620hx being DOA, and the EVGA being DOA. Sent them both back, still waiting on my card to get back, but my new PSU works great. The card i got looked rather messed up, with grinding along the edges, it just didn't seem right when i opened it up, sure enough it was dead. Newegg has always been kind with RMAs. Also yes my 8800gts came with crysis. :)

Hope you don't have the same problems as i did! GL

Edit// I believe newegg has a 30day return policy for most of their hardware. Check in your account, you should be able to find more information there.

^^^alright Thx man, i am worried about case/monitor getting damage, if it does, it would be very annoying to send it back n wait..
Plus the processor is coming from California, n i am in north carolina..so i guess it will take around 4 or 5 days to get it..

i wish they start opening stores in retail..but Thanks for replying

i am really looking forward to corsair 620hx, i heard its very quite

Wait you bought the DS3"L" instead of the DS3"R"? If so you've failed to notice the letter differentiating again lol. DS3L is a weaker board with much less overclocking potential, 3phase vs say 8phase on a P5K Pro, 4 on the DS3R, Abit IP35-E or Pro would be alot better as well.

Also the ds3l has no matrix raid if that matters to you.

ya i dont care about raid, i will not use it, and plus yes i bought the p35-ds3l..was cheaper, i know it doesn't overlcock as well as expensive board, but if it doesn't workout, i can always return it...n get ipro board or that asus one

Don't think they'll let you return it because it doesn't overclock well enough, maybe if it burns up though lol.

any other reason u can come up with that they might take..o ya i got 1, it doens't have raid lol

but the parts should be here tomarrow, and e8400 will arive on friday since it coming from california

which batch # is bad? i heard alot of temperature issues..

No, E8400s don't have temperature problems, just temperature reporting problems. This is especially true for idle temps, causing people to panic and create threads like "Why does my e8400 idle at 45C when my E6850 idled at 40C?".

Back