• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gaming with the fx 6100

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

darcinator

Registered
Hey everyone just figured i'd start this thread about something i found today. While playing bf3 i noticed that i get A LOT of rubber banding or extreme lag spikes not associated with my gpu or ping (usually below 30) my gpu is a gtx 670 asus dc ii. So i have my fx 6100 overclocked to 4.5 ghz (full stable in prime for 24+ hours) and i noticed that intel users were having the same problem when they left hyper threading enabled. As many of you know AMD's idea to create hyper threading is splitting core resources between threads. So what i decided to do was to go to task manager and right click on the bf3 process tab and set affinity to every other core and whaa laa. The lag went away. You may notice a lose of frame rate in 64 people maps like fire storm or something but i think that it is worth it to not have this extremely annoying problem. I also noticed that the lag seemed to increase after the armored kill map pack. I hope that this helps amd users with their lag problems (if they have any). People with an fx 8XXX should be fine disabling 4 of their "cores" as they still have 4 full ones while i only have 3 :(. Anyways thanks for reading!

Back