• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GCPUID - A simple way to identify your CPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hrm dll error, i might hunt it out later, im sure its my fault, windows was installed from a verry old and scratched CD lol.

hrm now i need Vissual Basic Runtime. Im gonna get it to work though.

Last edited:
batharoy said:
IS there a place to go(website, forum thread) that tells the meaning of the Flags reported by this program?

You can just hover the mouse over the labels and you'll get the meaning of the acronyms in a popup-tip window.

Zerileous>> Just download the installable.

Hey thanks! I know I am gonna enjoy this program!

One question..The PR rating, thats the 1700+ and such, which means that its equal to a Pent 1.7ghz cpu, correct?

dippy_skoodlez>> The stepping that you see the program show is not the one that is on the chip itself. if we have pretty much same results shown by the program doesn't mean u have the same CPU, u could have a JIUHB or anything else.
If you want to find out ur CPU stepping u have to remove the heatsink and read (also copy to a paper) what it says on that black label.

Brunt>> Yep that's pretty much what it is, it calculates based on a very simplistic formula I found to calculate the PR. the PR will not really apply if u have a faster/slower FSB than default of that specific chip. The PR is calculated by the CPU speed alone not FSB or anything else...

I see, so if my fsb was faster, that would also increase the system speed, and raising my PR above what the program says?

So to get a better PR rating, I should lower fsb to 133, and just raise the mult?

Yes is the answer for the first question, and no for the second, the PR rating is just something to tell you what is ur estimated speed compared to a P4, its far from being accurate when heavily OCed, you shouldn't lower the FSB as it will only make ur performance worse.
I just added the PR rating for the :cool: factor :p the overclockers should really ignore it when they have their FSB heavily OCed, as the proggy looses its "accurateness" as higher FSB (in AMDland) means higher PR even at a given clock speed.

Nice prog!

Do you remember that thread I started a while ago about the formula for finding PR? Is the formulafor this similar?

I've made major updates to that initial prog. Only downside is, it's only for the graphics calculator...:(

So if anyone wants a prog that is virtually identical to this one for your graphical calculator, let me know! :)

Well I just unzipped it into a directory and created a shortcut to the exe again except this time I'm using ws2k3 in stead of XPpro. Still just works fine right out of the box.

gcpuid.png

Runs fine here

its a pally 1900 running at 12 *144

Keep up the good work :)

a question TC, is this program entirely in C/C++ or does it also have some assembly(I know steppings can be found sort of quickly using assembly)? Also, you mention a driver, so did you make your own driver so that you have actual access to the hardware?

I just ran it on three different comps!
All reported correctly and ran!
I installed the VB runtimes and all was well.

Here's a Screen SHOT!! :)

scshot.jpg

All is good to me,
Nice program Congrats The Coolest,
Programming is something i never mastered ( and i coded with Turbo Pascal)!!

lol

Back