• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GCPUID - A simple way to identify your CPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Update:

Fixed the refresh bug (if you refreshed the program would mess up)
Added Win9x (95,98,ME) support

Milkman-thecoolesgcpuid.jpg

Last edited:
question on mobile XP+ support

I notice it says to make the program work on modded mobile XP+ processors it requires a certain chipset and feature on VIA boards. Will this program work on nForce2 Ultra boards like my Soltek SL-75 FRN2 RL?

It looks like an outstanding program, by the way, very nice work.
Savage1

Unfortunatly that feature is not available on NF2 motherboards, so if you try to change the multiplier or voltage it will lockup your machine, its not that it isn't worth a shot, its just its been proven time after time that this doesn't work on NF2 motherboards:(

Did I miss something, or what? The program runs fine, recognizes things properly, but I don't see an option for the FID/VID control.

You must have an AthlonXP which is mobile or Athlon64/FX for this option to be enabled, if you got one of those the button will be visible, if your chip doesn't support powernow/cool n quiet it will be hidden, like my Tbird now:
FSBSpeed.png

FYI, I think it improperly detects my Tbred as a 'B'. I have the codes written down and by my deduction it's an 'A'. I'm at work right now so I don't have details but if you want I can give you more info tonight. Just let me know what you want.

Sure, you can post your info. Thing is labels can be mis printed, but the CPUID code of a CPU can't, my program takes the Family, Model and Stepping codes and from those it knows what kind of core you have and which revision it is, if it says TbredB, then you definatly have a TbredB. :)

I downloaded the prog. but it says I need ( MSVBVM60.dll) file.

Can't find it on the win98se CD. (loaded 98 for now to debug new system)

Anyone have any ideas??

NEW PC is DFI NF2 LP Ultra B and 2500+ MOBILE. running @ 190 X 12 -- Prime95 12hrs. -- system 28c and CPU 41.5c.

IF this will not work for this MB. does any one have another CPUID program that will work?

I'm having problems with the board DUMPING the CMOS back to the DEFAULT settings (100fsb x default =1235MHz ) intermittently upon reboot.

I sure would like to use this. Thanks to The Coolest

Well, first rule is read the instructions. :) its pretty easy step one then two. go to the first page and read the first 3 lines of white text, it explains what you need to do to get it to work.

The Coolest said:
Sure, you can post your info. Thing is labels can be mis printed, but the CPUID code of a CPU can't, my program takes the Family, Model and Stepping codes and from those it knows what kind of core you have and which revision it is, if it says TbredB, then you definatly have a TbredB. :)

Okay, then it is a crappy B. :p It takes 1.825V to get to 2Ghz and it barely hits 2.1Ghz (unstable) at 2.0V.

I'd forgotten about this until I saw your reply (forgot to click email notify) so I'll post the numbers off my cpu tonight. Off the top of my head, I do know it is an RIRGA stepping (at least according to the codes on the cpu) but the rest I don't remember.

Okay, regarding GCPUID possibly mis-reporting my Tbred as a 'B', here is the information straight off the cpu core:
AXDA2200DKV3C
RIRGA0236TPMW

Is this an 'A' or a 'B'? I can't host screenshots, but I'll be happy to email you a screen cap of GCPUID telling me I have a TbredB.

As I mentioned earlier, the cpu "acts" like an 'A' by maxing out at less than 2.1Ghz (not brave enough to push beyond 2.0V).

Thanks,
Tim

Well it does seem to be a TbredA stepping, that is rather odd.
I'd be glad to get a screen shot, click here to email me the pic.
You could also use www.theforumisdown.com to host a pic, it must be under 50Kb tho.

I emailed you the pic, but here is an attachment. Thanks for looking into this.

gcpuid.jpg

Did that work okay?

Sorry, I'm new to attaching pics.

Last edited:
Yes it works, well by the CPUID info the CPU does seem to be a TbredB, there might've been some error over at AMD, try and email them with the stepping you have written on the chip and the CPUID info (and this pic) and see what they say.

Back