• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GCPUID - A simple way to identify your CPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I learned to read the whole thread after this fiasco. Downloaded the prog which is lovely and tried changing the multi's on my nf2 nearly 10 times

---Update---

The Installable is yet to be updated (so use this link to get the updated version), but we're at version 1.9.0113 at the moment.
All problems with P4 EE and ES are solved. any P4 ES will show "(ES)" at the end of "Name String" field. I made a few improvements in the code, and added multiplier ranges (where applicable), if you have a mobile XP or any A64 (not Opteron), or p4 ES or those odd prescotts that have x14 multi unlocked (not tested on these tho), it should show the range of available multipliers (Just look at the screenshot above).

I might start adding support for the VIA chips as well. If I find the docs I need it shouldn't take too long for the VIA chips to be supported as well.

Cool program! ,can't wait to try the multiplier change feature when I've converted my XP1700 to a mobile part ;)

Btw it might be useful to mention in your 'readme' that this can be done ,& a link to a website to show how ,I'm sure that'll draw more interest :)

I was curious i see that you have a FID/VID control I do not have then when i intalled mine. ALthough it does give me all of the other information and it looks great. I am just looking for a program to OC my processor without having to go in and out of the bios to fool with it. I try to change one thing here and there but it never seems to work my pc sometimes won't start up or whatever. What is the best way to OC i have a xp 2800+ 512 mb ram on an epox 8k9A2 MB

The multiplier options only show up with an XP Mobile or an XP converted to a mobile via the L5 bridges ,you also have to hit the red clock icon

I found on my Abit KT7a v1.3 that I needed to alter chipset register 55,bit 2 to get it to work too

To convert your chip you'll have to connect the 2nd and 3rd L5 bridges with some conductive material. Easiest way is probably a conductive pen.
You can look in the AMD section and the AMD CPU sticky for unlocking a processor, and apply that technique to the L5s instead of L1s.
GCPUID would say "Processor: Mobile AMD AthlonXP (Barton)" if your CPU is a mobile.

Inccidently Xbladr ,if you have a latter XP2800 with the translucent packaging they are far harder to join bridges.Also with the XP2800 @2.083GHz its not going to overclock by a huge amount.If your lucky you might get 2.3-2.4GHz ,more likely your limit will be about 2.2GHz.If you've got DDR400 RAM the best way to o/c it is via the FSB in the bios.
1 more thing ,if you join any bridges ,make sure you fill in the pits 1st

Version 1.9.0122 is out.
Nothing major in this release.
Added support for any 130nm K8 chip (like the all the weird XP-Ms and Semprons) and all D0 stepping 90nm K8 chips (like s754 Semprons). Hopefully will correctly detect and supply info on the upcoming Venice cores and other E revision K8 chips.
Added support for 6xx series prescott chips.
Fixed a few bugs.

The PR rating formula I'm using pretty much sucks I would ignore it for the time being.

Are the links on page 1 dead? cause my brosers is coming up with error "http 404" or something like that... Really wanna try this program out :)

There was a problem with the server, everything is fine now.
Sorry for the inconvenience

Core Voltage

Not sure if this was addressed before, but it is dangerous using hte core voltage tweaker in GCPUID? I just used it so I can FINALLY use stock voltages ( :mad: stupid epox BIOS doesnt have the option for stock voltages! :mad: ) Is there any risk to doing this?

No, there's no risk doing this. But it only takes affect when you load windows.

i cant seem to get the multiplier/voltage box up...can you explain to me further? i read the readme and i cant find the "red button"..where is it?

You must have a mobile to be able to use that option. And it also can't be a NF2 mobo.

Back