• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

geforce 3 ti 200 vs. geforce 4 ti 4600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sandman001

Just Freeze It
Alright, I have a geforce 3 ti 200, I could maybe buy a geforce 4 ti 4600 for cheap. I know it's a good deal, but then with another 50ish bucks I could also have a radeon 9500pro.

Would an upgrade to a 4600 be worthy of my cash, or should I wait and get a 9500pro or 9600pro?

I also have a gf3 ti200, and since i hear so many issues with ati and their drivers, i will remain an nvidia fan. Cadd work and all is not supported by ati drivers, others have pointed out. but the gf3 line is still good cards. I personally am waiting till the 5900's come out for a while, then gonna get a 4600 or somethin like that.
Up to you tho.

Buhammot said:
I also have a gf3 ti200, and since i hear so many issues with ati and their drivers, i will remain an nvidia fan. Cadd work and all is not supported by ati drivers, others have pointed out. but the gf3 line is still good cards. I personally am waiting till the 5900's come out for a while, then gonna get a 4600 or somethin like that.
Up to you tho.

dont knock it till you try it........

# I've had both a ti4200 and my r9500 in this system. the ti4200 doesnt offer ANY competition. A ti4600 is no better - most 4200's overclock to that speed, and its STILL over 80% slower with the eyecandy on.

# I have no driver problems whatsoever with this card. Counter-strike is still an issue yes, but i dont even play that, so thats no biggie to me.

# Cad work IS supported. the cards can be modded by drivers into their workstation equivilants, or support for harware accellerated lines and such can be added via rage3d tweak. I am aware, however, that its not a full solution, but it works.

# I wouldnt trust Nvidia as far as i could throw them. Way to much cheating for my liking, while my ati looks better and runs faster.

Last edited:
When i refer to driver issues, i mean no tweaks, install drivers and go. I am not gonna spend all my time to hack the drivers to get my stuff to work. And i dont have to try them in my computer, for i have seen customers that had ATI cards. I personally dont like them.

I have yet to come across any problems with drivers from any system.

I have tons of videocards to play with, scores from ti-4200, 4400, GF3 ti200, R9700's and R9800's, I hve 2 R9800's here at the moment, and 1 ti 4200, and play a ton of games, and have yet to have a single problem from either companys drivers.

on the whole I hate Nvidia drivers and find them too simple.
but I love my Ti-4200 cause it's a little beast and I will gladly deal with the drivers to keep using this excellent little card.

Hello,

What brand is that Ti 4200? 64 meg right? Or is it the 128 with the slower ram? Don't know, learning about the Ti 4X00 series, perhaps to be in the market for one soon.

Just curious,
eBax

Back