• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GeForce 7 7900 on March 9/06 (90nm G71)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
dawei213 said:
Dang, i don't have the serial number on hand. Will have to enter it in tonight. Hopefully i won't be number 123821398123 in line for it!

If you have registered your card on the EVGA website, you can look at your profile and it will list your card at the bottom of the page, along with the part number and serial number that you registered.

Marlon

To do the eVGA step-up... you just have to order from an eVGA vendor, right? Also, how much do they take away for the step-up?

g0dM@n said:
To do the eVGA step-up... you just have to order from an eVGA vendor, right? Also, how much do they take away for the step-up?

all you have to do is buy from one of their vendors. There is no fee for the step-up program (besides shipping both ways), they take the price of the new card - the price you paid for your old card and you pay the difference.

custom90gt said:
all you have to do is buy from one of their vendors. There is no fee for the step-up program (besides shipping both ways), they take the price of the new card - the price you paid for your old card and you pay the difference.

Yeah, you keep your sales invoice, and they give you whatever you paid for it as trade in towards any higher end card they sell at EVGA. But EVGA sells at retail prices. So I paid $285 for my 7800gt, and if the price stays the same for the 7900gt at $299, I have to pay $14 bucks plus shipping both ways. Not a bad deal if you ask me.

BTW, how did you tell what number you are in the queue? I didn't see it anywhere.

Marlon

You're aloud one step-up per purchase, right? So after this step-up, you'd have to buy at a vendor...?

I may go eVGA just b/c of this... when the time comes for upgrade. :)

g0dM@n said:
You're aloud one step-up per purchase, right? So after this step-up, you'd have to buy at a vendor...?

I may go eVGA just b/c of this... when the time comes for upgrade. :)

Yes, just one step up per card. So when I get my new card, I can't use it to step up to another one. But its not a once a lifetime thing. The next card I will have to buy, but I can use that card to step up to another one if the program lasts that long, lol.

Marlon

I regretted buying mine from XFX. Next time, I will definitely get one thru EVGA. It sounds like the step-up program is an awesome option.

EVAG is sure making some name here now with this program.

snakeskinner said:
BTW, how did you tell what number you are in the queue? I didn't see it anywhere.

Marlon

if you go to the step-up page and reenter your sn and e-mail it will tell you where in the queue you are at.

custom90gt said:
if you go to the step-up page and reenter your sn and e-mail it will tell you where in the queue you are at.

Sweet, thanks. Looks like i'm number 23 in line. Now I wonder how long this will take, prolly at least a week or two I bet.

Marlon

Just have a quick question here (not worth starting another 7900 thread).

Does the 7900GT not need a heatsink on the voltage regulator like the 7800GTX?

If not, wouldn't that cause any issues when people v-mod them and start cranking up the volts?

Attachments

• 14-143-048-03.jpg
    14-143-048-03.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 176
You should always sink MOSFETs on anything when you raise volts... just to be safe, and create better stability for yourself.

Yeah I couldn't believe Newegg....I first went their this afternoon and they had 7900GTX's for $494 ...and now they are like $539 ....Shame on them!

Now if eVGA would post their stinking MSRP's so I can decide to which card I will Stepup. (either 7900GTX or 7900GTX Superclock ....I figure I can surely just get the plain 7900GTX ....but If I can get a guaranteed OC...and still stay within my original purchase price for my 7800GTXKO's (which is like $559 or something uber high)....then I'll go for the SC) They said they'd have MSRP posted tomorrow! I hope waiting doesn't stick me way back in line to get one! hrmmm...maybe I should just order the plain GTX

I will have mine tuesday.
I payed 500 bucks including shipped.
:attn:
Dateline: 3/9/2006

BFG Technologies Announces Immediate Availability of GeForce 7900 and GeForce 7600 Overclocked Graphics Cards

Lake Forest, IL – ( March 9, 2006 )– BFG Technologies®, Inc., the leading U.S.-based NVIDIA supplier of advanced 3D graphics cards and other PC enthusiast products, announced today three new graphics card products that are designed to take high-definition (HD) gaming and video to the next level for consumer PCs, and are immediately available through leading online and in-store retailers.

BFG GeForce® 7900 GTX OC™ 512MB PCI Express®
Factory overclocked to 670MHz / 1640MHz (vs. 650MHz / 1600MHz standard) and designed for extreme HD gaming, the BFG GeForce 7900 GTX OC graphics card delivers ultra-realistic gaming experiences and unparalleled image quality at resolutions up to 2560x1600. A 256-bit memory interface and fast GDDR3 memory enable incredibly smooth frame rates at maximum quality settings

While supplies last, each retail version of the BFG GeForce™ 7900 GTX OC™ contains free extras:

BFG Teflon® Slick Pads—These pads fit over existing mouse feet and instantly reduce the friction between a mouse and mouse pad.

BFG Custom T-shirt—Only available with this product.

GameDrive® by FarStone®—Allows end users to play games without the CD.

BFG GeForce 7900 GT OC 256MB PCI Express
In addition to being factory overclocked to 475MHz / 1360MHz (vs. 450MHz / 1320MHz standard), the single slot BFG GeForce™ 7900 GT OC™ graphics card features two Dual-Link DVI-I connectors plus HDTV connectors to provide the most flexible functionality for demanding consumers.

BFG GeForce 7600 GT OC 256MB PCI Express
In addition to being factory overclocked to 580MHz / 1450MHz (vs. 560MHz / 1400MHz standard), the single slot BFG GeForce™ 7600 GT OC™ graphics card features one Dual-Link DVI-I, one Single-Link DVI-I, plus HDTV connectors to provide support for extreme HD gaming and video.

BFG GeForce 7900 and 7600 graphics cards deliver advanced technologies including:

Industry’s only GPU architecture with full support for Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0 Shader Model 3.0—including vertex texture fetch (VTF)--enabling advanced shading programs for more realistic effects.

NVIDIA® PureVideo™ technology—the combination of high-definition video processors and software delivers a high-definition home-theater quality video experience to the PC.

NVIDIA® SLI™ technology—allows two graphics cards to be run in parallel for up to 2x the performance of a single card configuration for the ultimate PC gaming experience.

The third-generation NVIDIA architecture built for Microsoft® Windows Vista™—designed to give users the best possible experience with the 3D graphical user interface in the upcoming operating system (OS).

About BFG Technologies®, Inc.
BFG Technologies is a privately held U.S. based supplier of premium, award-winning 3D video cards based on NVIDIA® graphics technology and other PC enthusiast products. BFG Technologies has offered free 24 hour expert technical support and a true lifetime graphics card warranty since the company’s inception. BFG Technologies brand 3D graphics cards are available in the U.S. at Best Buy, CompUSA, Wal-Mart, Fry’s Electronics, and Newegg.com and also within premium Falcon Northwest™ gaming systems, in Canada at CompuSmart/CompuCentre and Staples Canada, and in the U.K. at Dabs.com, Overclockers UK and PC World/Dixons.

To find additional BFG Technologies retailers and to learn more about BFG Technologies’ products, please call 847-281-3110 or visit www.bfgtech.com.
BFG Technologies®, BFG Tech®, and OC™ are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of BFG Technologies, Inc. NVIDIA, PureVideo, SLI, and GeForce are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of NVIDIA Corporation and are used under license to BFG Technologies from NVIDIA Corporation. All other company and/or product names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Features, pricing, availability and specifications are subject to change without notice

So the standard EVGA 7900 GTX is $499? Anyone have the price on a 7900 gt CO or the Superclocked 7900 GTX? I have a 7800 gt I purchased for $319; my step up period expires in less than 3 days so I must order ASAP. The superclocked 7900 GTX will cost more and it is clocked higher. But, does anyone know how EVGA bins? I wonder if all the 7900 GTX are capable of superclocked speeds and they just randomly choose then sell them with a different BIOS?

certainly most cards are capable of such a modest overclock although it is possible to get extremely unlucky. In any event, put enough voltage through any card and magic will happen :)

Back