• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

geforce go6150 vs 256 Mb ATI Mobility Radeon X1400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sonex

what are your opinions on these two?
which one performs faster and how much of a difference would it make in games??

im acutally looking for a lap top that has any crap graphics card rather than integrated shared gfx.... and i cant seem to find anything on nz sites... even on dell.co.nz... seems like there arent any lap tops with graphics cards in them any more except for the latest 7900 sli :/

any help :??

It's quite unbelievable... after a few hours of looking for a lap top, i found out that the only major difference between a $1000 and a $4000 lap top is the graphics card.

Has anyone here played c & c 3 demo on one of those go6150 vid cards... I just want to know if the card will run this game so i can finally buy any cheap X2 64bit lap top ::beer:

Eh...my brothers lap top he bought is a X2 Turion with 2 gigs of ram and a Go6100 i believe, or 7100. anyway, it drags its rear quarters in nearly everything graphics intensive. I'd suggest trying to find something with at least a Mobility x1600...because i know for a fact that can play Dawn of War decently well...

yeah, if you want to play games, I'd really try to find at least an x1600 based laptop.

But if you only have these 2 to choose from, the x1400 will definitely be faster than the 6150

Here's a great site I found when I had a laptop. I've found their numbers to be pretty accurate, so I think you can trust them (unlike the tom hardware guide VGA list)
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Graphics-Cards-Benchmark-List.844.0.html

I've heard a lot of things regarding TomsHardware VGA charts, are they really that inaccurate? i havent really tested my own card to compare it with one on there. Do you suggest a better place to get such a wide selection of card comparisons?

Get a macbook pro and boot camp it =) but there are asus machines that should be available to you that come with 7600go. the asus 14" comes with a 7700 apparently.
You would never catch me spending more than $2k on a lappy. a desktop for half the price would still stomp it and those "gaming" laptops arent really that portable.

Back