• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GeForce Ti 4600 128 is craped out (i think) Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DevilMan24

first thing, how do i copy a page of my desktop so i can post a pic so you guys can see what i see

2nd, the color is ok, but there are lines, like missing spots, there small but there every where.

3rd, i have a other computer i test the card on and the color did the same thing on it to.

4th, i have another video card a Radeon 9700 128 and everything works fine, even better

drivers are good, this happen after i got a new motherboard the
Asus P4B533-E
the old motherboard this this card has ran on is a Soyo Fire Dragon and a Gigabyte board and i cant find the model #

anybody have any ideas?

The only thing I can think of ATM is RMA.

To attach a file (Picture), when you reply there's a box under the text field, click browse....et voila (sp?), Oh the pic should be 300x300 MAX.

**EDIT** If you were asking how to make a screenshot, just click the "Print Screen" button and paste it in PSP or any other graphics program. (By holding the ALT button you'll make a screenshot of the active window).

first you can use "print scrn" or "Alt+print scrn" and paste it using any img editor you have, then save the img as a file and attach it if you think its necessary.

the card really seems to be damaged somehow, since the probelm is the same in either the two systems you tried it out. then yet the 9700 works fine, this means that the problem is really about the 4600.

do u think that while changing the mainboards the card could be damaged somehow?

try that too, but what about before windows to load? do u see the spots at the boot screen too?

no thay come in, like every thing is good and it slowley goes to what u have seen, iam going to try safe mode now

seems like bad drivers or is youre Vid card sharing alota IRQ'S ?

click on start ,run, typ msinfo32, then click on the hardware +, then go to IRQ, find the ti 4600 and see if any thing else is sharing IRQ'S with it.

If thier is tell me what they are

ok here you go,

IRQ 15 Secondary IDE Channel OK
IRQ 16 NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4600 (Microsoft Corporation) OK
IRQ 16 Standard Universal PCI to USB Host Controller OK
IRQ 18 Standard Universal PCI to USB Host Controller OK
IRQ 19 Standard Universal PCI to USB Host Controller OK

try the 29.20 those are the best i think they worked great when i had a ti 4600.

Youre ti 4600 is sharring the usb posts just like my 9700 radeon is if you want do this .

click start, right lick my computer, properties, hardware, device manager.

go to youre usb thing and right click the one that the vid card is sharing with and disable it thier might be 1 or 2 of them. Then reboot if the problem isnt solved then go back in thier and turn the usb back on.

If that doesnt help download the latest nvidia drivers from thier site or

www.guru3d.com and get the 29.20 for win xp.

I hope you know how to install driver

before you install the drivers unistall the ones that you currently have then reboot and install the new ones.

sharing the irq is not a problem if ACPI is running specially on XP and 2K.
when you install the device driver it will enable the device resources so it doenst mean necessary that the problem is about the driver. i would recommend you to try out other versions of it though.

it really seems to me that the card is damaged somehow, mostly because it will run the same way in the other system. :(

well. all has failed so far, i disabled the USB for the irq sharing,
still the same... :(
New driver's :(
still the same....

it really seems to me that the card is damaged somehow

i dont know how some thing like this happen, but if it is,
is the a place to send the card to, to see about getting it fixed if it can be? i would hate to trash this $$ card..:( :(

know anybody?

Thanks James

statics is on thing that can damage electronic components badly.
i dont know about where you could get it fixed but hopefully someone knows. im in brasil ;).

try to uninstall the old drivers and then reinstall. And if it doesn´t work, try the card in another computer. ALso try another card in your computer. And so on...could take a while...=)

Back