• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

getting ready for first burn in ever.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kimbahpnam

ok....just wanna overcheck everything to make sure i got it right...

lowest multi (1.6), fsb(100)
max vcore (1.8ish?) what should i be looking for temps wise right here?
prime 95
raise little by little, etc.

how do i get past the Cpu over speed thing after mem check?

every time i try to change something in the bios, some warning keeps coming up like "CPU have overspeed" or something and doesn't let me POST. how do i turn that off?

I am not familair with your particular motherboard, but on mine there's a cpu detect setting in the cpu section of your bios. Hopefully someone with a similar bios can tell you exactly what and where that setting is, but yes, for sure there's definitely a setting you will have to deactivate.

check http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3199

lowest multi (1.6), fsb(100)??? whad do u mean 1.6 multi?

the error you're getting is probably because of the multiplier you chose, select 6.5 which is the lowest setting.

kimbahpnam check the link
Q. On boot, I get the error "CPU have overspeed"?
A. Try one of the following:
Your CPU is not unlocked and you're attempting to overclock it. You need to unlock your processor. Go here to find out how to unlock the XP Thoroughbred series of processors.
...or...
Setting your CPU to the default speed.
...or...
If your CPU is set at the default speed, or your CPU is unlocked and you still get this error then, search the bios for the option Halt On and select the option No Errors that will 'ignore' the error and continue the boot process. *note* sometimes people get this error when overclocking sometimes they don’t. This is also an effective workaround for those getting this error when overclocking.

Back