• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Getting WW, Need help with Flow Design

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Re: Skulemate, you are correct...

zippyc said:
I suppose this is why I chose to use two pumps in series (one push one pull) to pump though my pair of heat exchangers which have two large cores in series (each, so I was using four pumps total.)
I think you mean one push, one push. Pond or aquarium pumps have a very low suction ability... hence the fact that they are not self priming. ;)

skahtul, if you run two pumps in series you can simply add together their pressure capacities for a given flow rate. You will see increased flow this way, as the operating point between the pump and system curves shifts. It's essentially the same as getting one good pump for the cost of two cheap ones.

Well, I did a little testing in my spare time today. You will not find the results surprising but it was fun to do.

LINKY

Any more coments would be welcome!

Skahtul

Going to plum everything this weekend. Let me know if you have any more ideas....

THANKS!

skahtul

Back