• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte Brix AMD cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rumbl3

Well been a while since I've had a decent system (almost 2 years lol). Anyway had a little bit of cash and felt like getting back into some gaming, but on the cheap with a tiny form factor. I picked up a Gigabyte Brix GB-BXA8-5557 barebone slapped 2x8gb of pny ram in it and my agility 2 ssd. So far it's great for games like D3, Path of Exile and CS GO. But it does get pretty hot. I plan on reapplying some thermal paste on the cpu (reviews say its very bare).

Just curious any other performance tips for this little machine. I was thinking about ordering some different fans for it from the egg. Possibly some delta 40mm fans to replace the stock stuff. Just not sure really how much of a difference this will make air flow wise if it is truly worth it or not?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...m_re=gigabyte_brix_amd-_-56-164-027-_-Product

Anyone in the market for a small cheap powerful box definitely recommend it so far.

EDIT : This thread should probably be moved to cooling sorry just though about that.

Last edited:
Back