• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD7 vs GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kskwerl

Just wondering if there is a performance difference between the two? I know if you're gonna run quad crossfire/sli this is good, but I don't plan on that.

Just wondering if there is a performance difference between the two? I know if you're gonna run quad crossfire/sli this is good, but I don't plan on that.

Performance wise they should be identical. The ud7 will need a case that supports Eatx (bigger than normal motherboards), and it's probably a better chioce for 3 way or quad SLI. If not planning on that, I'd go UD5.

bump for more opinions on whether or not the performance of these boards is exactly the same minus the sli/crossfire factor.

bump for more opinions on whether or not the performance of these boards is exactly the same minus the sli/crossfire factor.
Actually, I think both will run quad Crossfire though the UD5 doesn't give you as many position options for the video cards. Both have the 890FX chipset as well so I seriously doubt there will be any performance difference unless you're planning on using LN2 or some other extreme cooling solution ...

Actually, I think both will run quad Crossfire though the UD5 doesn't give you as many position options for the video cards. Both have the 890FX chipset as well so I seriously doubt there will be any performance difference unless you're planning on using LN2 or some other extreme cooling solution ...

Thank you sir

Back