• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte GA-MA69VM-S2 help please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pillowsack

Well i recently upgraded and have the new bios(F7) and the damn thing still won't let me up the voltages. The ram is normally 1.9V and the mobo has it set to 1.8V, i would also like to bump up the CPU. I want to get it to 3.0Ghz so i win a bet with a friend and win $10. But mainly i wanna make my pc speedy fast with oc'ing.... It sucks. Only 2.8Ghz on stock vcore, i know this thing has the potential to do it.

So please help, anyone know of such modded bios or somewhat. Thank you

lol i know that im saying voltages. It doesn't have any options for voltages thats what im asking...

so quiet here :(
give us modded bios to change those f.ckin` voltages pls :D
btw this is a good mobo, but if I can`t raise the voltages, I have to change it...

thanx, i`m 2 scared to do that :(
i think the only normal option for us to get a 5000+BE.

is everest monitoring well? how could the dimms get 1.94V when 1.8 is the max, and i can't change it? :confused:
everestside.jpg

I`ve got a new bios, and now with ET5 I can change cpu and ram voltage settings :D http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=434139

434139.png :cool:

Hi, just wanted to confirm you could change the DRAM voltage? I just got this board, but my ram needs 2.1v so having a bit of a headache. Who the hell makes a mobo you can't adjust voltages in?! :screwy:

Which bios version did you update to, and you mentioned you used easytune? Did you need to use easytune to get the voltages, or did they show up in bios settings with the update.

Many thanks mate...

hey gyik, well you seem like you know a considerable amount about bios and such, i updated my bios to apparently a terrible version, and am having random system restarts, unstable as ****, can you give me a website that has a detailed description on everything i need to know about flashing my bios?

fiosdj;aj

hey gyik, well you seem like you know a considerable amount about bios and such, i updated my bios to apparently a terrible version, and am having random system restarts, unstable as ****, can you give me a website that has a detailed description on everything i need to know about flashing my bios?

Sorry to resurrect an old thread. However, I tried downloading the F9M modded bios to no avail. It may be due to my current location or problems with his host. Could gyik or any of the other posters that may have downloaded F9M send me the modded bios via email (in my profile page).

Edit: Instead, could you upload the bios to any file hosting site. This way other people can also download it. The forum email option doesn't allow for attachments.

Thanks,
Benif

Last edited:
Eduardo, Gigabyte has a Windows-based utility that flashes the bios with the newer file. Go to their web site and download it. It's called @BioS. Here's the link:

http://www.gigabyte.us/Support/Motherboard/Utility_List.aspx

Install it. When you run the little program tell it where you have stored the new bios file so it can find it. Make sure to use the option to back up your old bios in case the new one gives undesirable results. The utility works well. I've used it.

Back