• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte GA-MA780GP-UD4H audio problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Markit0s

I have had my gigabyte board running for at least 6 months. Just last night though, the sound completely went out. I've tried everything from updating the drivers, making sure all the volume levels are high and that nothing is muted. I've made sure that my speakers do work by hooking it up to my ipod. I've got the Realtek ALC889A onboard audio. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get my sound to work?

Last edited:
yeah i do .. what you do is get a RMA and send it in :D

welcome by the way !! mind telling us how you found this site ?? :D

if you tried to uninstall it and then re-install and i dosnt work i dont know what to tell you .. especially if it just all the sudden went out ... you tested your speakers etc .. it sounds (no pun) like it died .. what drivers are you using ? windows update ? or from realtek ..try both .. if still no ... setup RMA

actually I've already gotten this board RMA right after I bought it because it kept bsoding.

Second RMA Procedures

# Users must troubleshoot with a tech support representative prior to requesting a second RMA
# If a GIGABYTE technician concludes that the product qualifies for a second RMA, GIGABYTE will issue a call tag for the product:

# If the product is defective upon inspection, the product will be repaired/replaced and returned to the user at GIGABYTE's expense.
# If the product is not defective upon inspection, the product will be returned at the user's expense.

# If a GIGABYTE technician concludes that the product is not defective, and user insists for the product to come in for a second RMA to be retested, GIGABYTE will issue a call tag for the product:

# If the product is defective upon inspection, the product will be repaired/replaced and returned to the user at GIGABYTE's expense.
# If the product is not defective upon inspection, the product will be returned at the user's expense and user will also need to reimburse GIGABYTE for the call tag. A testing fee of $20 dollars may apply if product is not defective as user claims.

id rather not go through all of this and just get a soundcard lol

yeah i guess .. i personally wouldnt want a defective board .. service call dont take long either ..but its all good

Back