• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L Cold Boot Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That must be a bug with the new bios and the E8400 proc in the DS3L. I'm running a G0 Q6600 in my DS3L with the F8a bios with no problems. And before I dropped the Q6600 in it, I was running an E6750 with no problems too. The only funny thing I had happen was that after the upgrade and trying to overclock too far, I had problems with it booting at any overclocked speed, no matter what I set in bios. But clearing the cmos cured that problem and it's running my Q6600 at 3510 with no problems.

I've got the E8400 in the DS3L, and I have intermittent issues. The first time I booted the machine it started and shut down three times before running. Every once in a while, especially after changing BIOS settings I'll get it when it starts, shuts down, and starts again. I'm running F8a (which they've had out since last year). Hopefully they release a standard release for this good budget board.

After fighting a constant battle with my DS3L all I can say is you get what you pay for. RMA'd 2 of them so far and the third one is not to my liking. I guess ASUS spoiled me since I always got their $200+ boards

Just chiming in to say that I have the same problem. I am running a GA-P35-DS3L and a E4500, and every time the computer boots itself over and over until it posts with my processor at a speed lower than stock. I then set my OC settings in BIOS, reboot, works fine. Also running the F8a BIOS, 2.0 MB revision.

i bought and tested every gigabyte board fry's has and every one of them did the same or variation execpt the p35-s3g- i couldn't believe more people aren't complaining about this issue. it is linked to the smart fan and powersaving circuitry according to tech support at gigabyte. the tell me no bios fix , the only thing they told me to do was disable the smart fan feature and it fixes it on some boards. by the way, that s3g board changed the fan speed in real time when ajusting it like the design is supposed to. i ended up taking it back just to see if my luck would change on the ds3l you have, tech support admitted there were a faulty batch out there. like every manufacturer.
take it back if you can. don't bother rma, they don't check replacements before they send them out.

I been having similiar problems...
Installed XP 64bit on new system with e8400 and ga-p35-ds3l, sata drives, 8600gt, 4gb of cosair xms2...
worked fine the 1st day, even installed warcraft and worked...
next day it would not start up again...i couldnt even reinstall windows cause i would get a windows blue screen of death at the start of the install...i also wiped the drive with
some seagate tools...

so i took out 1 stick of ram(2gb) and it then i was able install windows all of a sudden...
now i am waiting for tommorrow to see if it still works...
tell me if this works for anyone else...

Back