• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC Force no USB (mouse, keyboard) in Windows!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kampfzerstorer

Hello everyone!

I have a strange problem that I've never seen before.

Just got a Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC Force and a 4770K. everything seems ok until I boot to Windows 7 x64, then I have no USB (no mouse or keyboard). The strange thing is that the USB works during POST and in BIOS. I can use the mouse and keyboard just fine, navigate around the BIOS, hit keyboard buttons during POST to get in BIOS or pull up Windows in safe mode etc.

Even if I try to do a fresh Windows install I can't get beyond the first install screen as I have no input devices to click "Ok", or "Next". Its as if there is no power to USB because the lights on my mouse and keyboard turn off.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help.

Are they connected to the USB 2.0/1.1 Port or the USB 3.0/2.0 Port (a or c in the diagram)?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    17 KB · Views: 1,162
Plug in your mouse when you get into the install windows, mine does the exact same. As soon as you plug the mouse in, the cursor shows up.

Are they connected to the USB 2.0/1.1 Port or the USB 3.0/2.0 Port (a or c in the diagram)?

I've tried moving them around and plugging into different ports (both while in windows and while the system is off then booting with them plugged in to different ports). Doesn't seem to matter what ports I'm plugged into, they always work during POST and BIOS but not in Windows. I just got a hold of a USB to PS2 adaptor. I'll see if that helps anything.

So the USB to PS2 adaptor didn't do anything for me. Neither did plugging the mouse in when I get to the windows install screens. This is brutal.

On the BIOS Features screen, what is Fast Boot set to? Make sure Fast Boot is set to Enabled, and USB Support is set to Full Initial. The USB Support option won't be visible unless Fast Boot is enabled. And as far as PS/2 support, the PS2 Devices Support option also needs to be set to Enabled, and again is only visible when Fast Boot is enabled.

Last edited:
Set Fast Boot to Enabled, set USB Support to Full Initial.

No improvement. This is really crazy. They work in BIOS but not in Windows.

Download the Win7 x64 compatible USB driver from Gigabyte, extract to a thumb drive, then point Setup to the driver package.

I don't quite understand. What Setup? If we're talking about anything out of the BIOS (like during a windows install) I have no working input device to point with :(

You guys might get a kick out of this:
I submitted a ticket to Gigabyte support. Their answer was basically to plug my input devices in to the ports above the PS2 port and it should work.

Haha, no kidding Gigabyte. I'm contacting support because something that should work isn't working.

Back