• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte UEFI Z68 bios update

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NitrousX

Registered
Hi overclockers,
I recently updated my Z68XP-UD3 to the new UEFI bios update U1g.
Fact is now that I've updated it, i can no longer change any of the settings as soon as i enter the bios. System information pane keeps popping up not sure why, as it's not like I have any sticky keys or objects on my mouse or keyboard.

It's a very odd glitch with the bios, so I was wondering is there any one else who has recently updated to the latest bios update and have you had any similar glitches or bugs happen with the new update?

i have attempted to disconnect the mouse/keyboard but the same issues appear it's very bizarre

i have not tried that i'll try it once i get home at work atm. If that does not work what else should i try?

When you flashed from the legacy BIOS to the UEFI, did you use the utility that was attached to the BIOS file? You should have also done this before flashing...
Gigabyte said:
Some GIGABYTE utilities are not supported under UEFI BIOS architecture. Please remove Smart6, Dynamic Energy Saver, Smart TPM, and Touch BIOS utilities before updating the BIOS.
... and did you download the correct version for your board, depending on whether you have v1.0 or v1.3? You should have 3 files installed to a bootable flash drive, which are either extracted from the downloaded *.exe when run, or automatically installed to the thumb drive when running the *.exe... autoexec.bat, FLASHEFI, and biosfile.U1a

Last edited:
yes i did remove the above gigabyte ultilities, I can now operate the bios i cleared the cmos then it worked.
The major problem i now facing is that i can not overclock as they have removed or hidden the Load Line Calibration settings. So if I would like to overclock I would have to fiddle with the default PLL and dynamic vcore settings to get the CPU stable which is hard work. Is there a way round it?

I'am using the z68xp-ud3r rev 1.3 and i've flashed the bios to version U1h.which had a big impact on start up down to 12 sec from A to Z.and no gliches with this version,everything changes easy.but it have like u've said an Oc issues like LLC but i never used it in my moderate Oc anyway,now i'm running mild Oc.and a couple of things too when restarting the system it may miss the ssd and no windows, and installing the driver of the IGPU HD 3000 without loosing my screen(i had to get a tv to fix this)it worked like a charm with my gt240.i can't really say what coused this? the new bios or the HD3000 not working with GTX 660,i made the change about the same time and i was lost in formatting and couldn't pin point,soooo as u know flashing back is risky so hopping for non beta version soon.
now i'm having urges to get the bios that came with the m.b back

Sorry if this is a n00b question. Do you guys know where to view a change log for this U1G update? I've tried searching across the forums but have found nothing.

I updated my gigabyte z68 bios ages ago, but I'm not going to try the newest UEFI version just in case something ^$%*&*&( up

The old style works fine, I just wish I could save multiple profiles like my asus m4a890 could

I updated my gigabyte z68 bios ages ago, but I'm not going to try the newest UEFI version just in case something ^$%*&*&( up

The old style works fine, I just wish I could save multiple profiles like my asus m4a890 could

You can with this UEFI (U1G) as well as the previous version U1e. It's at the bottom of the very last tab on the right.

Back