• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte X399 AORUS GAMMING 7 MBO

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BruceUSA

how do you enable Intel® Dual Band 802.11ac WIFI Gigabyte X399 AORUS GAMMING 7 MBO. It does not detect my home network. I think it must be in the bios some where that is needed to be enable wifi? I am also having problem to enter the bios after the install of Windows. When I start or restart the computer and I keep pressing down the delete key. Its still booted into Windows. What any other ways to enter the bios? I had enable ultra fast boot in the bios running Samsung NVMe .M2 SSD 960 Pro.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/789194-Install-Windows-problem

ah.... Never mind. I am able to enter the bios just fine now. After looking carefully thru bios and I don't see anything relate to Intel Dual Band WIFI. But I tried to re-install the little wifi antenna by the IO Shield. Now WIFI is working.

PS. I spoke to soon. Intel dual band wifi is not working. Anyone running a Gigabyte motherboard and are using on board WIFI. Would you please shed some lights. What did you have to do to get it to see your home network?

Last edited:
Check the drivers through Device Manager. Sometimes Windows insists on installing its own drivers. Try uninstalling the device (and drivers) and reinstall the drivers from the disc that came with the board, then reboot. If you still get M$ drivers then update the drivers through Device Manager and manually select them from the disc.

That's odd, I've had three-four different boards over the last while that had the Intel dual wifi/BT and never had an issue. Didn't "need" drivers really. Windows would try and set them up during install and always worked.
So if it's not "seeing" the network I doubt it's driver related.
Was the card preinstalled? Could be loose/poor contact?
Distance or interference between you and the router?

It is definitely driver related issue. Just to recap. I just installed Windows yesterday and I am not done a Windows update yet because I am not connected to the internet. I am having issue with the wifi is in part because Window have not been update with driver. I looked in the device manager and I don't seean adapter with Intal dual band wifi. I will need to hard wire to the computer to get internet and update Windows . I think this will fix the wifi issue. I will update later on.

I hard wired to the computer and it still does not detect any network. So, I went on my other desktop to download Intel dual band wifi driver and installed it. Now in device manager I can see Intel dual band wifi wireless. Its detect my network and I am able to logon. But having website security certificate problem. I can't go on the internet, even I am already connected. Therefore I can't update Windows install. Can some one please help me fix the website security certificate problem.

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 194
It does say you can continue to the site. If it's a trusted site I don't see an issue. Just let it do all of it's Windows updates and the security issue might resolve itself.

It does say you can continue to the site. If it's a trusted site I don't see an issue. Just let it do all of it's Windows updates and the security issue might resolve itself.

Johan45. The problem is not just this website. It is any web page I try to click will get this. when I try to update windows I got the same message.

Johan45. After some more researching. Look like the Date and Time caused this problem. I am going to try update date and time. This should fix it. I will post back. Again thanks for trying to help. Much appreciated.

I hard wired to the computer and it still does not detect any network. So, I went on my other desktop to download Intel dual band wifi driver and installed it. Now in device manager I can see Intel dual band wifi wireless. Its detect my network and I am able to logon. But having website security certificate problem. I can't go on the internet, even I am already connected. Therefore I can't update Windows install. Can some one please help me fix the website security certificate problem.
Check your data and time is set properly.

EDIT: Hey, well done, you got it Bruce.

I just figured you would have set those already?
This!!!!!!!!!!

YUP. that is. As soon I change the correct date and time format, BOOM Windows auto start update and everything went well. :)

Back