• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte Z370 HD3P, XMP profile not booting after BIOS update

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

a c i d.f l y

Has anyone experienced issues clocking their memory to the XMP profile after updating the BIOS? The F7 file loaded the profile fine, the F8 file does not. For reference, I have Trident Z 2x8GB 4000CL17 sticks. After the BIOS update, it will only post if I down clock the memory to 3200 (with all of the other specifications of the XMP profile for 4000). Also, 3866, 3400, do not work. I'd like to keep the current BIOS revision, but willing to push it back, albeit without the guarantee that 4000 would work even then.

My other components are listed in my signature.

Even though you have a "Z" board most of them won't run over 36-3800 for mem speed

But... It did perfectly fine on the previous bios revision. Need to reach out to Gigabyte and ask what changed, but will be reverting to the F7 file in the interim.

Back