• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte Z87X-D3H Problem with fan connectors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

theflyingdove

Hi, I have a gigabyte z87x-d3h for two weeks and the first few days it worked fine but not that reason from a few days agos the fan connector (SYS_FAN1) does not work, the fan is 3-pin and the connector 4 pin and I tried to connect it in several ways but still no work, however if I plug it into another connectort (SYS_FAN2) it works.

Also I have problems with the CPU_FAN because it not shows me the rpm with bios or speedfan, but instead if that works the fan and even I can graduate with speedfan but does not show rpm.

And finally, when I graduate *SYS_FAN3 rpm with speedfan ​​SYS_FAN2 also increase the rpm, however if I graduate SYS_FAN2 does nothing.

I update bios to the last version F6g.

It's a motherboard problem? What can it be??

Can you adjust it in the bios? Perhaps Speedfan (not many still use it) may not be adjusting it properly?

You maybe need to read about this in the Mobo Manuel!! :shrug: ;)

GIGABYTE OPT Fan Support

Many of today's 3rd party water cooling systems require CPU fan power support for both the cooling fan and the water pump. GIGABYTE 8 Series motherboards feature OPT fan support, an additional CPU fan pin header that can be used to connect a water pump and configured for continuous full speed operation. The OPT Fan is also useful for high performance coolers employing two fans.

Option 1: OPT Fan Support for Water Pump
Option 2: OPT Fan + CPU Fan Support
Dual CPU Fans Cooler
Multi-display support with CrossFire and SLI™

1, http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=84040

Back