• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte Z97 GT Gaming Frozen BIOS after CMOS clear..... :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JKith

Hello all,

I have a Gigabyte Z97 Gaming GT motherboard and I had to clear the CMOS.

When I rebooted, it went to the screen that said "You have cleared the CMOS, would you like to load optimized defaults and reboot?" but everything is frozen. The mouse is frozen, the keyboard is frozen.

I tried booting up with BIOS flash usb, but no luck. I tried taking out the MB battery and putting it back in but no luck.

The Motherboard error code is A6 which states "Detect and install all currently connected SCSI devices." -- So I unplugged the only SSD in there just to see, and same thing.

Does anyone know how to fix this? it would be quite a small diaster if the thing was fried. I think it has dual BIOS but i'm unsure how to boot to the other one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you., :cool:

first off try removing the battery after you have unplugged it, clear cmos again by jumping pins if available or the push button if only option, push and hold the power button a full 10 seconds (or longer) put battery back in reattach the power cord and try to boot.

Hello!

Okay, i'm not sure if following what you did, did the trick, but I found the switch on the motherboard to switch to backup BIOS. I also did what you detailed and it worked!

I'm up and running again.

I'm on the backup, the main doesn't work. I'll need to re-flash it when i get a chance.

Back