• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gluded a 486 fan on my memory, now i can hit 160fsb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ya that is a good idea....... and memex ur a freak......... what i did for my fan on the top of my case was cut quarter size holes in a circle for my 80mm fan...... looks pretty sweet wish i could show pic but i dont have a digi cam....

Any way of cutting out the grill on the back without taking everything out of the case? i thought not:mad:

i guess it wouldnt take long to take it all out, drill it and put it back together again. and yer right, it would be quieter.

ill do that to the front as well and see how it goes

i cut the grilles out with wire cutter pliers... and like 5 minutes

pby5cat quote: "if u moved ur ram cips to the outside slots so the fan hub would be over the empty middle slot."

the reason you should have your ram sticks next to eachother is that windows wont install/has errors sometimes if you leave a slot open in between

I had my ram sticks apart on my dad ol computer runnin winxp and havn't had a problem yet either... you sure that it'll make more errors?

Where ya get that information anywho? :confused:
just curious...

which memory slot you use can be very important, depending on your motherboard. Sometimes you need to go memory in slots 1-2-3-4, sometimes 1-3-2-4, sometimes 3-4 don't even work. It's all over the place. The rule seems to be- if it works the way it is, don't change it:D

Joe did a lot of research into it: http://www.overclockers.com/articles561/

OOOOOOOoooo

Thats something i never knew.... altho i never had that problem so i didn't know it existed... srry bout that my bad.. :p

I glued one on which I crossconnected with the NB fan so they use the same line but I got the proper connectors so I didn't solder on the NB fan cables.
Easy removal is allways good if your aking something useless.
My RAM stick was sitting in a heat pocket so I thought I'd give it a try.
Gonna give it some more voltage though

Back