• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Going to add a video card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Johan45

Benching Team Leader Super Moderator
Hi guys got a question you can see my main rig in my sig. Just purchased a second GTX580 through the classifieds here :thup:
I'm thinking the TX750 might not be enough. :confused:
I'm pretty certain that gaming won't load the CPU and both cards to 100%
I do recode Bluray and the software I use will load everything but I can control that if the load is too much.
I have my CPU OC'ed to 4.6 and also the vidcard
Like to hear some opinions

GTX580s use right around 250w each, so that's 500w. Your CPU might use 200w on a really bad day. You should be fine if you can resist the urge to mess with the GPU voltage slider.

I recommend buying a $20 Kill-A-Watt and checking what your wall power draw is, that makes it very easy to see where you stand.

I currently have this one up to 1.15 but I really won't need to open them both up in the near future maybe just a couple benches to see what I can get.
I will in time move up in the PSU department. I have some old parts kicking around all I need is a PSU and I'll have a nice Ph X4 9850 up and running.
Thanks for the quick response Bob

I really won't need to open them both up in the near future maybe just a couple benches to see what I can get.
Yeah Right, maybe, I'm sure you'll leave them both stock. :p

Are you stalking me mandrake. :sn: You seem to know an awful lot about my goings on. Or did you have them tap my phones too!! :rofl:
You got me hands down though, you know I can't leave things alone. :shrug:

Are you stalking me mandrake. :sn: You seem to know an awful lot about my goings on. Or did you have them tap my phones too!! :rofl:
You got me hands down though, you know I can't leave things alone. :shrug:
Yes :p, and none of us can, that is why we are at overclockers.com :)
BTW Nice purchase, I'm glad you bought it, I was fighting to resist the DIBS DIBS DIBS on that one. I may have bought it if it stuck around a few more days.

Ya I had be scanning that section for a while waiting for one of these to come along. These are huge cards, tripple slot but they make up for it in their cooling ability. Quiet too. :sn:
Glad I could save you some coin. :thup:
I'm looking forward to playtime :bday: I'll cram it in with a crowbar if I have too :rofl:

Back