• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Going to purchase a mobile 3200, advice PLEASE!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
jess1313 said:
I dont know about all that but have been try to get the DTR to work in my SN85G4 that doesnt support it.

I modded my bios and now have DTR & true mobile chips working but just now got that so Im not shure of the true mobile performance yet. I will post back.
:clap: :clap:
Congrats, awesome that you got it working. I was really hoping you'd make it and you did!

hitechjb1 said:
We now should look at in the context of 250, 250 GB boards which can run much higher HT bus to 800 - 1000 MHz, with a higher HT multiplier.
Yes, and I believe that if my board can handle a 320MHz HTT even with the HT maxed out, then a 250 should be able to go much, much further, which is why, purely speculating now, the 8x multi should not cause problems on a 250-based board.

Assuming a 250, 250 GB board, are these possible scenarios:

Say CPU can do around 2500 MHz on air
So HTT set to 280, CPU = 280 x 9 = 2520 MHz

Yes they are possible, BUT it all is determined by where you boot at, whether multi's are selectable in bios, and where you start your ram at.

ya get to choose weather ram starts at 200, 166, 150, 133, and 100. then your CPU speed determines which memory to CPU ratio you have. So what you have above is possible if you boot with ram at 200, and multi of 10 Then drop it to 9 with clockgen. Otherwise they default you to not being able to run the memory above the CPU's HTT level.

Back