• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Going to the Dark Side

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Rattle said:
thos boards have a dead spot after 320

dont go over 320

go staight to 400

It won't boot there, with the 8 or 9 multi, even when I jack the voltage up over 1.5(1.5625 set). The FSB term voltage has a max of 1.45, should I run it there? I have the stock passive coolers on the board, I just reset the NB cooler with AS5.

I have also tested the memory a little bit, with 2,1v 5-5-5-15 I have it running 487.5 mHz. So I don't think that is the hold up. It ran with the 2:3 setting at 800 mHz 4-4-4-10 just fine when I had the CPU at stock speeds. So I wonder if this CPU just won't go that high. Man, and my temps are so good, too.

Im running the FSB term voltage at 1.45, max on the board, vcore at 1.55, 1.48 under load(TAT) according to PC Probe II, temps stay below 35c according to TAT. Vdim is 2.1, back to 4-4-4-12 timings at 412.2.

FSB is at 330x9. Runs fast as hell there, Super Pi almost broke into the 16's, but I'm just frustrated as to why I can't get the CPU to run faster. It's not even at 3.0 yet, and I seem to have hit a wall.

I have updates to the newest BIOS as well.

EDIT:

Went to 335x9, same voltages and timings, ran a 16 second Super PI:bday:

Finally got it over 3 gHz, but it seems odd to have to run the voltages that high. I'm going to start backing stuff off til I don't have any stability and work from there.

Re-EDIT:

Am currently at 355x9, 3.2 gHz, load temps in TAT, 40/35. PCProbe shows idle voltage at 1.55, droops to 1.47 under TAT load! Cool and relatively stable here. RAM running at 443, 4-4-4-10. 1m Super PI 15.875..not too shabby, considering my Opty at 2.95 did it in 29.2! I think I'll just leave it alone here, and call it about the best I can get from this chip/board combo.

Need a new NIC card, the onboard on this thing is not working well. I have a 3 mrg connection, and my download speeds are terrible. On my old board, I got 2950+ at speakeasy.net's Chicago speed test site, only 1200-1400 now. Not gonna work at all. Is a PCI-Ex1 NIC card better than a regular PCI?

Last edited:
Would a P5B-Deluxe help this OC any better? Or is it most likely my particular CPU causing the issue?

no matter what you have for an internet connection, it willn almost never match what the cable/dsl company adverstise/sell it at.

=(

SteveLord said:
no matter what you have for an internet connection, it willn almost never match what the cable/dsl company adverstise/sell it at.

=(

I bought a cheap 10/100 PCI card at WalMart, $14 and now back up in the 2950-2970 range, not too bad for a 3 meg connection. Anything over 90% is all you can expect. I think the Attensic onboard didn't like my router or my ISP. Or else it's just a POS, one of the 2.

Update:

Asus P5B-Deluxe ordered, should be here Friday. Went ahead and went stupid and bought a 8800GTS while I was there:D

This should at least eliminate the CPU as the issue. If it still won't OC properly, I'll ebay the chip, and buy one from zipzoomfly. They are the same price shipped, so I shouldn't have to eat too much on the CPU to get a hopefully better clocker.

I see way too many people getting 3.5+ at under 1.5v on air with the e6600. I refuse to settle for less than that on water.

Back