• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

gonna make sum speakers...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
that dremel attachment worked awesome. and btw i still have another set of pictures for ya.

Attachments

• 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 12.GIF
    12.GIF
    153 KB · Views: 18
  • 13.JPG
    13.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 14.GIF
    14.GIF
    127.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 15.GIF
    15.GIF
    133.6 KB · Views: 24
here are the last shots i have for ya'all. i promise finished speaker pics tommorrow tho after im sure the glue is all dry and cured.

working with particle board was a lot easier then i imagined. its very sturdy wood compaed to what ppl think.

anyays, on to my last 2 pics.

Attachments

• 16.JPG
    16.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 22
  • 17.JPG
    17.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 26
ive got another set of 5 screenshots for ya.

Attachments

• 18.gif
    18.gif
    149.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 19.gif
    19.gif
    162.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 20.gif
    20.gif
    162.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 21.JPG
    21.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 22.JPG
    22.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 21
The bookshelves are finished!! finally. i havnt heard them yet but im sure they'll sound awesome. well here are the final 2 pictures. Enjoy!

Attachments

• final_back.JPG
    final_back.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 314
  • final_front.GIF
    final_front.GIF
    140.6 KB · Views: 299
im very impressed with the sound these little guys can do. very bassy (i stuffed them with 1LB of polyfill each). and the highs are pretty clean. overall it was a worthy purchase and i will be building another set of these guys for my surrounds. and ill be building a MTM based on those drivers for my center channel (the shielded versions of course ;))

Peace

punkgamingmaste said:
im very impressed with the sound these little guys can do. very bassy (i stuffed them with 1LB of polyfill each). and the highs are pretty clean. overall it was a worthy purchase and i will be building another set of these guys for my surrounds. and ill be building a MTM based on those drivers for my center channel (the shielded versions of course ;))

Peace
that's great news. How much did they cost all together?

im not sure about the finish. im gonna leave them how they are for now. i might just put a clear coat on them and be done with them cuz i like how they look.

and all together they came to around $100 after shipping.

oh and also.. i ran a 15Hz test signal and i can hear it.. just barely tho. Ive noticed I get the best bass responce at around the 60Hz spot. also i found out i cant hear anything above 9000Hz or so. im not sure why. ive tried it on mutliple speakers.. i thought humans could hear up to 20,000Hz?

Last edited:
punkgamingmaste said:
im not sure about the finish. im gonna leave them how they are for now. i might just put a clear coat on them and be done with them cuz i like how they look.

and all together they came to around $100 after shipping.

oh and also.. i ran a 15Hz test signal and i can hear it.. just barely tho. Ive noticed I get the best bass responce at around the 60Hz spot. also i found out i cant hear anything above 9000Hz or so. im not sure why. ive tried it on mutliple speakers.. i thought humans could hear up to 20,000Hz?
they can, but as the frequency goes up, we can't hear as well (it sounds softer). Most adults seem to hear up to around 14,000hz or so... Teens tend to hear up to around 17-18,000hz. Atleast that's what happenned when we tried a hearing test at my school.

If you're going to test the high frequencies, make sure the room is VERY quiet and you may still need to turn the amp up a tad. You should be able to hear higher than 9,000hz.

i must admit it was a pretty loud room, and i was using a pathetic 5wx2 amp so thats probably why i couldnt hear anything. ill have to test that out later tho when i can use my 5.1, 45wx6 reciever.

Back