• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GOOC 2009

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Deanzo

Benchmarking Senior Member
As many of you will know GOOC 2009 is in full swing with many countries completed their internal competitions with the winning competitors moving onto the regional finals to take up one of the four highly sort after positions in the world finals at Computex in Taiwan in June.

For myself I competed in Australia against very tough competition of Dino, Tim and Peter, sadly James was too sick to attend. Dino took out the competition with an extremely strong showing with myself coming second, Peter third and Tim fourth.
Dino and I then parterned up to represent Australasia in the Pan-Asia Africa regional finals, with teams consisting of Australia/New Zealand, Indonesia, Iran, Japan, Korea, Malaysia/Singapore, South Africa, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam
The competition took place on April 5th 2009 in Pantip Plaza Bangkok Thailand. The organisers of this event did an absolutely phenomonal job and this massive IT mall was a buzz of energy with everything that was going on as part of GOOC 2009.
Dino and I had strategised a particular game plan and had key responsibiities that we had prepared for prior to the event, so on the day we knew exactly what each of us had to do and could do it as quick and efficiently as possible. The overclocking gods blessed us for the most part with solid hardware, though we still had one bad graphics card and a borked vista install. With CPU speeds of 5.1ghz for 2D and 4.9ghz for 3D, saw us through to victory at the Pan-Asia regional finals. Now we move onto the world finals where we wil compete against five other teams. Three from the remaining regional finals, the world final winners from GOOC 2008 as well as the freestyle winners from GOOC 2008.

The North American finals will be on the 25th April 2009 in LA, USA, with many of our OCF members taking part. Of the members that I know that are attending so far are El<(')>Maxi, Gautam, rdrash, Ross, sno.lcn, MIAHALLEN, Gomeler and TiTON, so many good friends in attendance, I really do not know who to cheer for, so I wish you all the best, have fun and I look forward to seeing the winners in Taipei in early June.

Here are some pictures from the regional finals in Bagkok, Thailand

James, Big Boss Man from Gigabyte.
gooc052.jpg

Danny, Thailand Gigabyte Sales Manager
gooc007.jpg

Sooo Hot!
gooc025.jpg

Our Rig.
Intel i7 965XE
Gigabyte EX58-UD4P
Gigabyte GTX260 in SLI
Kingston KHX DDR3 3X1Gb
Intel X25 SSD
Enermax Revolution85+ 1050W
KingPin F1 CPU Pot
KingPin Tek9 4.0 GPU Pot
KingPin Tek9 3.0 GPU Pot
gooc059.jpg

You can check out this vid of the event from Tweaktown.
http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/2...asia_regional_final_event_coverage/index.html

Some vids I took of some of the goings on.

Last edited:
News said:
The Asian finals for GOOC 2009 were held in Pantip Plaza in Bangkok, Thailand where 9 representative country teams battled for top 3 placings and the right to compete in the GOOC 2009 world finals in Taipei in June.
gooclogo.jpg
Teams were:

• Australia
  • Indonesia
  • Iran
  • Malaysia
  • South Korea
  • South Africa
  • Taiwan
  • Thailand
  • Vietnam
Results:
With great pleasure to report that our very own i4memory.com forum member and Team Australia combination of Dino (from Team.AU) and Deanzo took out 1st place! The final results were:

• 1st place = Australia
  • 2nd place = Taiwan
  • 3rd place = Thailand
  • 3DMark Vantage winner = Taiwan
GOOC 2009 Thailand Photos
1st place winners = Team Australia
FinalWinner.jpg
Aust.jpg
2nd place = Taiwan​
Overall_2nd.jpg
3rd place = Thailand​
Overall_3rd.jpg
3DMark Vantage winners = Taiwan​
Vantage_1st.jpg

Results_1st.jpg
SuperPI_Final.jpg
3dmark06_Total_Final.jpg
Vantage.jpg

Source: http://i4memory.com/wp/article/678 Hardwarezone.com

Last edited:
Nice work, I went to the UK one but in the end the winner had the best clocking core i7, considering he beat guys that were using Liquid Nitrogen with air cooling!

Big congrats Dean! You guys smoked'em :D

I hope to see you in Taipei ;)

Thanks mate, it woud be cool to meet you, all the best in LA :)

Nice work, I went to the UK one but in the end the winner had the best clocking core i7, considering he beat guys that were using Liquid Nitrogen with air cooling!

Thanks,

Wow, thats just nuts.
So the guy was on air, and out did the LN2 setups :-/

:clap: Congrats again Dean! See you in June :D

Thanks Matt,
With the right cpu and all the work you have done on Gigabyte X58 boards, you'd be a hard man to stop. Best of luck in LA.

It's on like donkey kong :attn: I've been sleeping with my EX58-UD4P under my pillow every night in hopes of it imparting some hidden knowledge upon me :screwy:

It's on like donkey kong :attn: I've been sleeping with my EX58-UD4P under my pillow every night in hopes of it imparting some hidden knowledge upon me :screwy:

LOL, thats one way to do it :beer:

You made us proud boss man. Congrats on the win Dean.

Thanks mate :)

Well done Deanzo (& dinos), it will be a real battle to see who will join you in Taipei :beer:

Thanks Mark,
Yep, LA going to be really hard.

:D

congrates to Dinoss and Deanzo, we will meet again in Final taipei.
Team AU performs very awesome, doing tweaking, benching very stable even
under very high frequency.

congrates to Dinoss and Deanzo, we will meet again in Final taipei.
Team AU performs very awesome, doing tweaking, benching very stable even
under very high frequency.

Thanks hicookie :)
It was great to see you again, and I'm really looking forward to the finals in Taipei.

Wow, thats just nuts.
So the guy was on air, and out did the LN2 setups :-/
QUOTE]

Yeah, it got to something like 4.7Ghz on air! LN2 finally got to 4.6Ghz with their second i7 940 to get the highest 3dmark score though, and were overall just one point behind 1st.

Back