• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GOOC 2009

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks all! I did get one of the nicer CPUs...my final 8M score was 1:30.898 at 5116MHz with about 4400MHz uncore and about 1000MHz 8-8-8-24. Not great...but enough. I completed a run at 5146MHz at 1:30.203 but CPU-Z gave my a systme32.dll error that could could not get around, so I was unsuccessful in screening it.

In 3D06, I was planning to use the RT CMD lines for voltage modification...however, it did not work. I was sitting next to Jody, and both he and I were confused as to why it was not working at all. The first 06 results I posted (8.4K HDR, 21K) was at 650/1150 on the card with stock voltage. After the first hour, I made the decision to break it down and do the hard mod...I was down for almost exactly 8 minutes, but I didn't mod a read point to save time (insulation was in the way). I figured I'd dial in my voltage with RT. After powering back on, RT would not show my actual voltage, and so I was adjusting the VR completely in the dark. I twisted about 5 ot 6 full turns and ran 06 at 800/1150 and passed. I screened the result and was BSing with a couple onlookers when the system powered off, and refused to power back on. I'm assuming that I killed the GPU. But, apparently the score was enough to edge me past the others!

Myself and sno.lcn (1st and 2nd) will be representing the USA in Taipei.

Man I wish I could get through. I must buy a LN2 pot for next year : \
And good luck guys! Not like you need it by the looks of it though :p

Miah did a truly spectacular job, and his consistency in competitions proves that he's definitely got a magic touch. Mark and Jeremy pulled out really strong finishes too. Was a blast to meet everyone again and a couple that I haven't.

The guy with the laptop giving us the live feed was walking past Miah when he was pulling the 260 to volt mod.
You could hear Miah telling someone the softmod wasn't working for him, and he was about to hard mod it.
Very cool to not only know you have an issue, but to do what needs to be done (and do it well) with the clock counting down and having your rig turned off at whatever sub zero temp it was at. That goes for the card as well.
Big risk, but one that needed to be done. And it paid off.

Best part of Miah's win imo, shows good skill's.

Congrats to everyone! Nice seeing everyone again and meeting some new people as well.

Mark, Miah, Matt and Jeremy all did awesome (obviously) and it was so close at the end for 2nd, 3rd and 4th places.

I've got pics, but not too many this time...I'll post them up tomorrow after I finally get some sleep.

BTW, good thing the soft mod works for me because TSA @ LAX confiscated my soldering iron on the trip home :rolleyes: Now I can finally buy a nice one :D

The guy with the laptop giving us the live feed was walking past Miah when he was pulling the 260 to volt mod.
You could hear Miah telling someone the softmod wasn't working for him, and he was about to hard mod it.
Very cool to not only know you have an issue, but to do what needs to be done (and do it well) with the clock counting down and having your rig turned off at whatever sub zero temp it was at. That goes for the card as well.

Best part of Miah's win imo, shows good skill's.

Nice! I'm glad he got that part on the live strem! I had absolutely no awareness of him the whole time, I was totally focused:beer:

I was pretty confident not to worry about condensation, my GPU had been between -50 and -70 for about an hour, but I did a really good (aka messy) job prepping the card/slot....I know I killed something, and I thought it was the card because of the vmod...but durning the freestyle event, I failed to boot on my only attempt, and the only common part was the CPU...so maybe I killed that:confused: It would make more sense based on the condensation theory becasue I didn't lube the mobo at all...only used eraser and foam.

Anyhow, doesn't reall make a difference, and I'll let youguys know if the card is still working within the next few days after I get it all cleaned up and stuff :D

Yep, what he forgot to mention is that he walked over and asked me what I did to my card 5 sec before that :D

Just kidding miah, good work man and best of luck in Taipei :thup:

The event itself was a smash, GBT did another amazing job. Always a pleasure to be at an event put on by them and they were even more polished this time. I'd love to work for GBT, every one of the GBT staff is always smiling and fun to be around and they obviously do their jobs well...so a big thanks to GBT and especially GBT USA.

OCF members need your support!!!!.

As you may know, OCF has members in two of the six teams that have qualified for the worldwide Gigabyte Open Overclocking Competition finals in Taipei (Taiwan)

Could I ask you to vote for one or both of the teams!

Team Australia (hehe, yes I know I'm from New Zealand) has myself that is part of the OCF benching team, and dino who is member of team AU.

Team USA (the bottom one in the list below) has sno.lcn who is a member of the OCF benching team, and Miahallen who is a member of Team Ironmods.

Not sure which of these two great teams to vote for, well thats easy.
As you can vote once per day, vote for team Australia today, then team USA tomorrow etc etc.
Or, set up a login for yourself and one for the wife (or whoever) one for each team!!

But please vote everyday :)

Visit this link http://gooc2009.gigabyte.com.tw/web/Eng/gi...e_active_3.aspx

vote1.jpg

When you are there, you can also play "guess & win" and you will be in the draw to win some motherboards

http://gooc2009.gigabyte.com.tw/web/Eng/gigabyte_action.html

vote2.jpg

#1 Guess the winner of GIGABYTE GO OC 2009
Prizes: One GIGABYTE Motherboard GA-EX58-UD4P (3 Winners)
>>> this one is basically the same link as above

#2 Predict the BEST 3DMark score at the GO OC event
Prizes: One GIGABYTE Motherboard GA-EX58-UD4P (2 Winners)

Here is the prize for the website competition that you will enter into draw once you place votes in #1 and #2 :dtup:

x58ud4p.jpg

Gigabyte Press Release said:
-- GIGABYTE Launches GO OC 2009 Guess & Win Competition --

-- GO OC website hosts two Guess & Win competitions for anyone to enter –

Taipei, Taiwan, May 6th, 2009– GIGABYTE announces two Guess & Win competitions to be run on the official GIGABYTE Open Overclocking Championship (GO OC 2009) website between May 6th and June 2nd: http://gooc2009.gigabyte.com.tw/web/Eng/gigabyte_action.html. The competitions are for predicting the best 3DMark score and guessing the overall winner of GO OC 2009, and are open for anyone to join. Additionally, GIGABYTE will have a live blogcast from the competition on the GO OC 2009 official website, http://gooc2009.gigabyte.com.tw/. Anyone who is interested can log on to the event website and experience the competition online.

The winners will receive brand new GIGABYTE EX58-UD4P motherboards – two motherboard prizes for the ‘Predict The Best 3DMark’ score competition and three lucky draw motherboard prizes for the ‘Guess The Winner’ competition. The two closest 3DMark score predictions will win motherboards and there will be three lucky draws for the correct winner predictions. GIGABYTE will announce the winners after the GO OC global final on June 3rd, 2009.

Back