• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

good 120x38 mm fan?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
what about the 120mm fan iv got on my heatsink at the moment - a 190cfm Delta 120mm

no kidding, that fan's what? 59dB? :D We need a smiley of a face getting blown away by something for moments like this. They say that it sounds like a jet engine on sidewindercomputers.com

1Time, thanks, only that's a 25mm, it won't feet.

Hookem, those are some nice server pulls, though in my experience Sanyo Denki is a tud screachy, like the nidecs.

Vrykyl, how's those deltas at 6-7v? is there a high tone to the noise? and how do you attach the fan to the heatsink?

by the way, if anyone's interested, i lowered the noise from the 120 nidec i am using right now somewhat by changing an angle at which it sits on the sp97 and using a cork support between the motor housing and the h/s. now, if it weren't for that faint whine that nidecs have, that would be a blast. i still don't know how this setup would compare to having a 92mm fan on it, i ain't got one but if i can pick up one for cheap, i'll post the results.

mcoleg and mtb:

The Deltas aren't bad at 5-7V. I have a PAIR of the VHE 150cfm which would be as loud as a EHE 190 when mine are at full speed (never run both at full yet though simultaneously, no need on my rad :p ).

There is motor noise but it's not high pitched, and to me it's a nice noise. But no ticking noises until you get down to real low voltage, like 3-4V.

Jet engine? No, doesn't sound like one but pushes enough air to be one. :D

thanks Rufus, good info. do they sell those deltas cheaper than $20 anywhere i wonder?

Sidewinder had them on sale recently.

I've looked everywhere and can't find them anywhere else, but if you find something, let me know.

My Nidec TA450DC Model B34262-71 has a higher pitched whine at 12v than my Delta WFB1212HE. They both move over 100 Cfm each. My 2 - 172mm Comair Rotrons do sound like a Jet at 12v pushing 235 CFM EACH! :eek:

I doubt you will find a better deal on some of the best fans found at So-TrickComputers.com
I bought a 120mm panaflo and evercool for less than $22 shipped and had them both in 3 days.

Best site I've found for fans.

Yeah the link is old but the same guy sells bunch's of those 120m/m X 38m/m Sanyo Denki's.

Simple matter of contacting him.

Guess the best 120m/m fan that is, well no comparision, that I have owned out of atleast 40 different 120's is not in the runnning.

LOL...You can lead em to water...But you cant make em drink.

:rolleyes:

Hookem said:
Yeah the link is old but the same guy sells bunch's of those 120m/m X 38m/m Sanyo Denki's.

Simple matter of contacting him.

Guess the best 120m/m fan that is, well no comparision, that I have owned out of atleast 40 different 120's is not in the runnning.

LOL...You can lead em to water...But you cant make em drink.

:rolleyes:

EDITED: The description on the E-Bay webpage Silversinksam linked to says that these fans are 127mm fans but Diggr from the forums confirmed that these are actually 120mm fans and not 127mm fans. :)

Last edited:
Back