• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good electronics kit..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

attack

Anyone know of a kit which will have soldering equipment, splicing tool, connectors, shrink wraps and a ohm meter? Kind of all inclusive, I'd like a nice ohm meter with built in protections and accurate readings, I don't want to uselessly throw away money but I'll put down some good cash for a decent setup.

I don't think you'll find anything that has quality equipment all in one. For splicing, get some klein or 3M wire strippers with the cutter on it, and some ideal crimpers. You can order 3M stuff from digikey sometimes, and you can get connectors from them dirt cheap as well. You can order a decent sized plastic organizer of shrink tubing from SVC for about $15 I think, has all sorts of sizes, but digikey also has this stuff in 4 foot lengths.

As for the meter, nothing out there beats Fluke. If you want a meter with accurate readings and protection against reverse voltage, you're going to pay a pretty penny. Looking at upwards of $100. I was lucky enough to get my dad's old Fluke 8024 B when he got a new one from ASML. You MIGHT be able to find something on ebay or a yardsale though.

I'd also recomend a good soldering iron as well. Something from Weller is always trusty and durable.

Last edited:
Back