• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good GPU blocks, and where to get new DTek WW Copper Top

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jesusphreak

Hey guys, this christmas i'm looking at getting a GPU block for my 256mb radeon 9800. I've tried searching but the searches for gpu, radeon, and radeon 9800 are coming up with nothing. So i just want to know what some good blocks are right now for this GPU. I would also like to know what the best one is period :)
What would realistic temps be, my CPU runs like 36 - 38 degrees idle and like 40 Load, and right now with VGA silencer my 9800 runs 58ish idle and like 67ish full load. How much more would the best block help on top of that?
My water cooling set up right now so far is a Dtek WW block, eheim 1250 pump, chevette heatercore with 120's on it. I'm using 1/2" ID tubing as well.

Also, where can i get a new Copper top for my Dtek WW. I have the poly top and it has not yet cracked but i figure while i'm putting a new block in my loop i might as well go on ahead and change it out. If i get a copper top do i need to change barbs or can i reuse same ones. Thanks guys

You can get them from dtekcustoms.com or Cooltechnica.com. I use danger dens gpu block but have been wanting to try a swiftech gpu block. I think the one with the least amount of flow loss should work.

Swiftech makes a decent GPU block, as do Danger Den, and Silverprop.

Silverprop's block is the only one that doesn't have an anodized aluminum top, but it is harder to find, and uses push pins for mounting - so you'll need your own moutning hardware to use it nicely.

Pretty much any store which carries CPU waterblocks, and watercooling gear stocks the Swiftech and Danger Den blocks (MCW 50, and Maze 4 respectively).

A google search for "Watercooling" should net you lots of retailers :)

DarkJester said:
afaik Dtek only has Poly and Anodized Aluminum tops.

i thought i had read somewhere that there was a company that made copper tops for the DTek WW blocks, i didn't think it was drom DTek.

jesusphreak said:
i thought i had read somewhere that there was a company that made copper tops for the DTek WW blocks, i didn't think it was drom DTek.

There was: logiccooling.com used to make them, but I think they went out of business. You can check their site, but it just says vacation... it's been saying that for a good while.... :confused:

When I get my WW block I will design a copper one and order it from emachineshop.com or from a local shop. I would mill it myself if I had the tools.

Man what a drag! I bought a copper top from them about 5-6 mounths ago when did they change it? Try cooltechnica.

Bryan(neomoses) started logic cooling then handed it over to a friend who didnt opperate it well, and then he got it back and shut it down becuase he couldnt do it himself anymore.

Jon

A friend of mine found some polycarbonate, gave it with old top of block (similiar to WW) to some guy and he machined a copy. No problems so far...

You can get such thing. Problems with making thing from polycarbonate are rather less than with copper, so price should also be lower...

Back