• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good idle temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

devilDogbert

Registered
Hey all,

I just got my first DIY rig up and running and was wondering what a good idle CPU temp was. Mine is currently hovering in the 25-27C range, though from what I've read that sounds a bit warm. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
[...] 25-27C range, though from what I've read that sounds a bit warm.
:shock:
25-27°C is warm?

They're perfect but idle temps don't mean anything. Load it with prime95 for 15 minutes and see what core temps do you have.
What CPU? Your room temperature is?

Those temps look decent to me, but idle temps really don't mean a thing either. It's load temps that are important, not idle temps. What are your temps like when running Prime95? Do yourself a favor and make a 1 hour run of P95, IBT, OCCT or some other cpu intensive program and let us know what your max temps look like. I'm curious to see what you get too, since the 212+ Evo is a reworked design from the 212+ and should be better.

Well, I ran the P95 torture test for 1 hour and my temps maxed at 37C according to Core Temp. Granted it is rather cool in my room, but that seems exceptionally low for a stress test. Perhaps I ran P95 incorrectly?

Since you are running at stock speeds, those temps seem to be believable to me.

Sounds like you need to overclock that Phenom now and get the temps higher. :D Your Phenom should be good for load temps in the mid 50's at least.

Back