• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good MP3 Player Brands?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What are you looking for? A flash based player with 512 megs or under, a small (1 to 4 gig) hard drive player, or a large (20+ gig) hard drive player? Also, what are you looking for functionality? What kind of files do you want to play? Do you want portable hard drive functionality? FM tuner? We need a little more to go on before we can recommend anything.

By the way, I myself have a Rio Karma. Its a 20 gig hard drive player, awesome form factor, and insane battery life. Its perfect for my needs.

Rio Karma, I got one myself for about 6 months and it is still kicking with 15 hours of battery life, 20 GIG, support OGG Vorbis, mp3, wma, flac, etc...
and the most important thing..it has GAPLESS PLAYbACK.
docking station..etc..all for about $250 and less

Sony has a really cool new one, the NW-HW1. Really compact, and 20gb. Although the specs look promising, unless you want to convert all your music to atract3, don't bother. it's not technically an mp3 player. i am a md fan, so i have a whole bunch of music in that format.

The iPod is great, Creative is another great brand and they have been making MP3 players for longer than anyone else by my recollection.

That rio karma is awesome, got to check it out the other day. Personally I have a 10 GB ipod that I've had for almost a year, no problems with the battery life. 8 hours is kinda slim compared to what the others can put up, but I've never been in a situation where I'd listen to music for 8 hours straight, ipod's always plugged into something at the end of the day/week, whether it be into the wall charger or my computer. The new 20 GB are very slick, plus a total of 12 hours makes it more competative. Also, I've heard that iRivers harddrive based mp3 player is a very good deal.

I have a Creative Jukebox Zen Xtra 30 gig and I love it. It gets used daily and has survived 2 drops to the floor so far (yikes!). Battery life is about 10 hours. Sound quality is excellent IMHO.

ipod mini, Dell made an mp3 pleyer too, dont know how well it works, personally i have a ipod mini, even though i absolutly hate apple i bought it off ebay so im not directly funding apple :)

Back