• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got a problem here when trying to share the net.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DDR-PIII

Disabled
untitled532.jpg

pretty much how it is, My computer has two nic's in it, one connected to my cable modem, the other connected to another computer, obviouslythe one that is connected to the cable modem gets an IP from my cable company. So I've got ICS installed on that NIC, so it takes control of my second NIC making it's IP 192.168.0.1, and it give the other computer an IP, the other computer knows what the gateway is... hmm sorry if that made no sence anyway..

Something weird is going on... When I have the cat5 connected from me to the other computer I cannot get on the internet,neither can the other computer of course, but soon as I unplug the cat5 between me and the other computer I can get back on the net.

anyone know what might be going on ?

Are you using a crossover cable between the two computers? From the looks of it, it should work if you are using a crossover cable. That is unless your network cards are auto negotiating cards that will auto configure if you use a straight through cable.

yeah i made a crossover cable today it works between both compes we can share files and transfer data, its just the internet that wont work, but i got it working once i turned ICS off and installed a proxy :)

Back