• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

got an 8800 post here

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ViperJohn said:
Not really random but in consecutive serial number lots. The PCB's come in from the vendors
who make them on a JIT delivery basis. As the supply from a previous delivery from "what
ever" vendor runs out the PCB's from the next JIT delivery are rolled onto the line. They
could be green or black just depending on the vendor they came from. This would happen
over and over as long as the stuffing line(s) were running the same given model family.

Having multiple vendors making/delivering parts is SOP in any manufacturing plant and is
mandatory in a JIT environment.

Viper

From the end-user perspective it is random then, I suspect that is what the question was really about.

Type of card: 8800GTS/640
Brand: eVGA
Version: Regular
Color: Green pcb

I love this card.:attn:

eVGA 8800GTS/640mb
standard clock
PCB green
purchased 11/06

Ok guys (sorta noob question) ...why the sad faces for the "green" pcb's :confused:

Personaly Iam a happy camper with mine . :D

EVGA Superclocked 8800gtx Green PCB. I lve the card, not really liking the drivers too much though.

i'm running the 97.44's and i don't really have a prob with them, i think they were the last "supported" drivers for rivatuner - my 8800gts clocks nice with them and i havent seen any IQ problems running COD2 at all.

the only drivers i did have a problem with were the 97.02's... my rivatuner final would only run in 3d proformance, it wouldn’t clock it’s self down at all – even when I was running in a 2D application (desktop). Once I switched to the 97.44’s my problems went away.

lol well kidna suks that thier not all black but yea its about preformance
still i think theirs a trend tho older gtx and gts 640 are mainly all black its these newer ones that are more random

Back