• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gotta love Logitech

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rpwinters

I just got off the phone with logitech and they are sending me a new Logitech Cordless Desktop MX™ 3000 Laser set up (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2162,CONTENTID=10709)
I bought a Cordless Duo system almost 3 years ago that came with the MX700 Mouse. It is a combo that hasn't ever been listed on their site. For about the last 2 to 3 months, I have been having problems with the Left button working intermittently. I popped it open and tried some contact cleaner on all of the buttons to no avail. I finally thought to check what the warranty period is, and it turns out to be 3 years. I didn't have the receipt, so I thought I might be SOL. I called and talked to a rep and he took the Model #, Part #, and Serial # off the keyboard, receiver and mouse. He had to put me on hold for about 8 minutes while he had to research this combo package the wasn't readily found. When he came back on the line, he said they would have to send me the 3000 series since this one isn't made anymore. The only difference he said is that the 3000 isn't rechargeable and I would have to buy batteries. Heck, I thought they would have just sent me a different cordless mouse, not the whole system.

I have always been a fan of Logitech, now I know that their support is top notch also.

yep they rule
had an mx5000 mouse charger go bad, they sent me a whole new system (worth $100, retail $150) as opposed to the $10 piece lol
good stuff...already made the $$$ back i spent on the whole chabangabang

I have two higher-end mice sitting in my desk they wouldn't help me with (yes they we're still under warranty), I won't buy anything from them again.

El<(')>Maxi said:
I have two higher-end mice sitting in my desk they wouldn't help me with (yes they we're still under warranty), I won't buy anything from them again.
as ashamed as i am to say, it i had to call a couple times before they sent me a new set...
first they wanted receipts, and other crap
really, it depends on how you talk..i dont remember what i said but it took a few calls to get it.heh

I lost my reciever for my Cordless Media Mouse... they sent me a new reciever free of charge! Only a one time thing but damn, amazing company.

Posted in the general forum about replacing my facocked MX1000 with a G5 or G7
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=468311
but decided to call Logitech about the warranty after op (rpwinters) pointed me to this post. They are sending me a new MX5000 bluetooth desktop to replace the MX3100 I bought in October 05. Very responsive. I was already a logitech fanboy but they have made me a customer for life.

Just a quick update. I received my MX3000 set on 7/24/06. They said it would take 7-10 business days, but it only took 5 :cool:. I love the feel of this new set. The keyboard response is excellent. The mouse is so smooth. Now I just have to get a good set of rechargeable AA's to keep on hand.

Back