• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

gpu cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
As long as you have decent case airflow, and you don't live in a place without A/C, an aftermarket videocard cooler will make a significant difference on temps and noise levels.

I run an accelero XP on my 6950 and it basically stays nearly silent and <65C. It'll be different for every card/configuration, but a few C difference is fairly meaningless. I'd trade a marginally-warmer CPU for drastically-reduced noise levels anyday, and I've never understood the claimed advantages in a rear-exhaust cooler when the tradeoff is noise at load.

One thing to keep in mind, if you swap out a new cooler, you will have to add custom heatsinks for the PWM and RAMsinks. Most of the AC models come with heatsinks and thermal adhesive though, so you should be fine with those. I went with all copper and sekisui thermal tape when I set mine up (see link in sig) but you don't really have to go to those extremes since the kit sinks work well-enough.

ok do you all see my signature now? thats my processor... dont know what ivy bridge is? :p im a former amd fan, who's switched over
I see it, yes. And your CPU is ivybridge (that is its code/nickname from Intel - both camps name the generations of CPUs). Its good to 90C while stress testing. :thup:

connection has been down for a while and haven't seen the latest posts here. but imback now ; ).
So to install the arctic cooling tt pro cooler http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...s&field-keywords=arctic+cooling+accelero+TTII

do i have to remove casing off my graphics card? it seems to have a case around it with only one small fan. this cooler has two fans. how exactly would one fit it? is it easy just go over the top or does it require assembly.
Also in conjuction with this , please reccomend additional fans for my case which is listed, as i dont want the case temperature going up as was suggested. The case only came with the one fan at the exhaust.

thanks

Lots of parts removal, teeny screws, easy to break plastic tabs and careful work. The screws are small, you might have to buy a very small phillips screwdriver.

All I did was type this in Google.
Cooling Accelero TwinTurbo Pro II Graphics Card Cooler install

And I got this as one video, you can find much more, all you need is to use google. Easy.

Back