• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GPU issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
socket 775 predates usb 3.0 by more than a little bit.

I have a lot of C2Qs and the max ppd setup is VMware/Linux/v6.34 with the either v7 or 6.41 to run the GPUs. It's distinctly possible the WU underutilizes the gpu or something else interferes with the gpus use of the cpu, as in running the same priority as the SMP client. A q6600 @ 3.2 with a 580 is capable of making ~28,000 ppd.

12,000 ppd is way low for just the gpu, so try setting the gpu priority to low in whichever version you're running.

post your config file, did you put a limit on the CPU Usage requested?
I have a GTX570 running right now since its 50 degrees outside, pulling 24,000 PPD @ 850mhz P8020 using barely 1% of cpu

Did you try the 6.41 client?

Last edited:
For some reason THIS does not have a log file, well, it does, but nothing is being written to it.

I would probably be better using an older version of the client.

I agree that it is being under itilized because of being newer, but when I changed cards, I stopped getting the 80xx WU's and started getting the 76xx and 7xxx series.

I don't remember, with a Dual core and GPU, is it 2 different clients (older version prior to V7) ?

6.34 for SMP. 6.41 for GPU.

Fermi cards don't run FAHCore_11 so they get different WUs than pre-fermi cards.

GPU cranking out at 99%.

SMP still processing WU.

task manager says 26% on all cpus. Hmm...

Headed to bed.

And this is using the 6.34 client for the cpu, and the 6.41 client for the gpu?

Your flag on the 6.34 client is -smp 6 or -smp?

Yes on the clients and the flag is -smp

For the Quad, what should it be to get 100% on the cores?

First suggestion:

Are your machine ID's different (maybe 1 and 2), or are they both the default 1? I'm thinking they're both set to 1. Change the cpu machine ID to 2, and restart the 6.34 (cpu) console client.

Just for grins, I changed the machine ID to 4.

That is for the SMP client, where does the installer "DEFAULT" install the GPU client?

Default number is 1 for all the clients I've seen. If you have different numbers already, then you're set. 4 shouldn't make a difference.

What's your priorities set at (idle or low), for the cpu/gpu rig's two clients?

We need to get you together with SkyChotik and Hardass - you three would make a great encyclopedia for troubles possible with FAH! :p

Default number is 1 for all the clients I've seen. If you have different numbers already, then you're set. 4 shouldn't make a difference.

What's your priorities set at (idle or low), for the cpu/gpu rig's two clients?

We need to get you together with SkyChotik and Hardass - you three would make a great encyclopedia for troubles possible with FAH! :p

Not sure, I want to say Low.

reset the machine ID just in case the other machine is at 1.
thought I put 2 & 3 on this one, but to be sure I changed it to 4 in case I was wrong.

Will check about lunch time see if I can run the configonly and check everything again.

Have you tried setting the smp to 2 cores less than it actually has, to let the gpu romp on it's own cores, and not interfere with the cpu's folding cores?

Usually you want the gpu to have the higher of the two possible priorities { idle or low }, where idle is the lowest priority. so GPU at low, on it's own 2 cores, and cpu at idle priority, on it's own cores. (#of cores - 2).

Whoa.....

GPU priority is 0
SMP is 96

I thought these were 0 & 1.

Deleted the client config, reopened, entered data again, closed & restarted.
Checked client config again priority =0 now. and cpu is at 25%

set to idle this time and GPU to low. see if that changes anything.

Last edited:
ALL is well. Just had to wait it out I guess.

Says Uniprocessor, but ALL 4 cores are at 100% and the GPU is
at 100% also.
:comp:
See what the points turn out to be later.

Thanks guys.

As always, you rock.

:attn:
WII

Attachments

• Screen Shot.jpg
    Screen Shot.jpg
    379.7 KB · Views: 12
Back