• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gskill vs Mushkin 2gb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tranceaddict

I narrowed down my choices between:

1. G.Skill Extreme Series F1-4000USU2-2GBHZ (2x 1GB DDR500 Matched Pair, CAS 3-4-4-8)

2. Mushkin XP PC4000 2GB 2X1GB DDR500 CL 3-4-3-8 184PIN DIMM Dual Channel Memory Kit

They are both around $360 CAN, and I will be using them in a DFI Lanparty Ultra-D mobo and a Opteron 146 CAYBE 0540.

P.S I hate the facts to you Yanks can get those G.Skills for $200 from newegg (approx. $240 CAN), and we are getting raped here with high prices.

I'll be ordering some of that G.Skill in about 5 minutes...I'll tell you how they do. Though for the Mushkin i'm not sure :)

order.jpg

Wooties! Wish they could get here tomorrow though!

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
you lucky duck! may the UCCC be with you!

Sad thing is my memory controller craps out at 251FSB, hopefully with different ram it will go higher :eh?:

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
my avatar is a chip off one of my 4 sticks of pc4400 LE's. i can confidently say i <3 G.skills

I've been an OCZ fan but I'mma let G.Skill make its way into my favorites, I hope :santa2:

Back