• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTA IV Realitrix

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GxStorm

Hi there! IM BACK!

I'm developing a GTA IV mod pack to increase the games realism!

This mod includes a ENB which I play at about 25-35 fps during the games daytime, and 30-45 fps at nighttime, with the rig on the description!
NOTE : At those frame rates the game feels smooth

2.5 - UPLOADED - DOWNLOAD LINK BELOW

VIVA new york mod - time square with new screens
McDonald's added
NYPD cop textures added
Statue of Liberty added
Some cars replace
Tweaked handling
New glass effects
Nikko Road Textures
Battlefield Weapon Sounds and explosions - (this is awesome)
New taxi adverts - Facebook - McDonald's and others
Ultimate Textures 2.0

2.1 - Changes

Replaced and fixed some cars
Replaced ALL weapons
Small taxi bug fix
Tweaked handling
Fixed error, where the scripthook didn't load properly
Removed Fuel script due to not working properly

A lot of vehicles replaced by real life cars
Realistic Explosions
Exaggerated blood
L3EVO 8-7
Realistic Drivings
Speedometer
Fuel Script

Instructions

This is a pretty easy to install mod!
The rar file comes with a folder called "Grand Theft Auto" which corresponds to the one located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games" (this in my computer, locate yours)
Simply paste the folder there and replace as asked

Tips

The pack comes with the famous simple native trainer that can be used by, in game, pressing the F3 button, and scrolling with the numpad.
For increased performance, turn off definition, vsync and clip capture, in the game options

VIDEO!

VIDEO!

You may see some missing textures in the video, but those dont happen in the real gameplay, those missing textures were caused by the games video editor

LATEST VERSION - 2.5

https://kat.ph/grand-theft-auto-iv-t6337176.html

http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7218751

OLD VERSION 2.1

http://uploading.com/files/743d868f/GTA+IV+Realitrix+v2.1.rar/

OLD VERSION 2.0
http://uploading.com/files/cdmea3fm/Grand+Theft+Auto+IV+StormRealityIV+v2.0.rar/

REMEMBER THIS IS FOR THE 1.0.4.0 PATCH
RUN AS ADMIN!

MY RIG

AMD Phenom 2 x4 BE 3.8Ghz OC
XFX HD 6870 Dual fan
SAMSUNG F3 Spinpoint 1tb 32MB cache
Patriot Signature 8GB (2x4) 1600Mhz

Last edited:
Its a great game to mod!
Although it has a lot of issues, in the end, we can get around those issues

With my rig I play the game OK

I have been recently thinking of re-installing GTA IV, this seems like a good reason to.

I will give it a try in the next few days :thup:

I have been recently thinking of re-installing GTA IV, this seems like a good reason to.

I will give it a try in the next few days :thup:

Thanks! In these next few days Ill try and release the 2.5 version, which is pretty complete

The only drawback is its size....I have to upload it via torrent

Any chance I'll see Metal Gear Rex from GTA San Andreas in GTA IV???? That would be fun tearing up the city in that thing...

Probably not. Rockstar changed a bunch of stuff in 1.0.7.0 (the version Steam auto installs) so it doesn't work very well with mods. A lot of people have had success with downgrading the Steam version to 1.0.4.0 but I can't vouche for how well it works. There's a nice tutorial here: http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2198415 I'd just keep an eye out for when Amazon or Gamestop or something has it on sale for $5-$10 and snatch a copy for modding.

I got this little mod pack installed and other than a few glitches (like stuff that I'm pretty sure is supposed to be grey or chrome or something shows up white like the wheels in the SS below) I like it and it actually runs pretty well in most situations. I've tried using icenhancer but it runs at like 15fps and doesn't look near as good as all the screenshots and videos I see of it.

Probably not. Rockstar changed a bunch of stuff in 1.0.7.0 (the version Steam auto installs) so it doesn't work very well with mods. A lot of people have had success with downgrading the Steam version to 1.0.4.0 but I can't vouche for how well it works. There's a nice tutorial here: http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2198415 I'd just keep an eye out for when Amazon or Gamestop or something has it on sale for $5-$10 and snatch a copy for modding.

I got this little mod pack installed and other than a few glitches (like stuff that I'm pretty sure is supposed to be grey or chrome or something shows up white like the wheels in the SS below) I like it and it actually runs pretty well in most situations. I've tried using icenhancer but it runs at like 15fps and doesn't look near as good as all the screenshots and videos I see of it.

You tried the mod pack?
The glitches I know about is missing textures sometimes
Ive tried ICEnhancer myself and it lags like HELL and it doesnt look like the screenshots. And I prefer the L3EVo 8-7 enb the most
Im going to post some screenshots for you guys to compare to your game

You tried the mod pack?
The glitches I know about is missing textures sometimes
Ive tried ICEnhancer myself and it lags like HELL and it doesnt look like the screenshots. And I prefer the L3EVo 8-7 enb the most
Im going to post some screenshots for you guys to compare to your game

The screenshot above is with this mod installed. Some of the wheel textures and the exhaust textures on the NRG900 don't seem to load properly. Also the physics of the NRG900 are pretty wonky. It feels like it's floating rather than rolling on the ground. Leaning forward and accelerating causes the bike to tip forward and kind of somersaults along the ground.

The link to piratebay isn't working but I'm downloading the new version from kickasstorrents.

Here's a few screenshots comparing this to icenhancer 2.0n. I was using stock cars with icenhancer but you can still tell the environment doen't look as good. All of these screenshots were taken at 1920x1080 (using the regular game camera so there's no camera tricks) then resized to 1280x720.

This mod:

Icenhancer:

The screenshot above is with this mod installed. Some of the wheel textures and the exhaust textures on the NRG900 don't seem to load properly. Also the physics of the NRG900 are pretty wonky. It feels like it's floating rather than rolling on the ground. Leaning forward and accelerating causes the bike to tip forward and kind of somersaults along the ground.

The link to piratebay isn't working but I'm downloading the new version from kickasstorrents.

Here's a few screenshots comparing this to icenhancer 2.0n. I was using stock cars with icenhancer but you can still tell the environment doen't look as good. All of these screenshots were taken at 1920x1080 (using the regular game camera so there's no camera tricks) then resized to 1280x720.

This mod:

Icenhancer:

I know, the nrg spins a lot on the spot, Ill try and fix that on the 2.6

Resuming everything, which enb do you prefer? The one included in my pack, or the Icenhancer?

Definitely the one in your pack. Icenhancer looks more like Just Cause 2 then the photorealism these mods are going for. Plus Icenhancer runs like complete crap whereas your version stays above 25fps most of the time, which I think is playable considering GTA IV cruises between 30-40fps for me stock.

I like your mod, but I use the NRG900 A LOT. That and the Sultan RS are the only things I drive. I may wait till v2.6.

Question, though; I had tried ICE awhile back and did a 'by the books' fresh install and the game would crash when loading a game. Does your mod work on the same principles?

Back